EDULEARNWEB.ORG Final BECE 2021 sample questions for Information Communication Technology (ICT).
The ICT examination at the BECE level has become an important part of the Junior High School leaving examination. Candidates preparing for the November 15–19th examination this year are therefore preparing for the paper. To help students finalize their preparations for the upcoming examintion, we are sharing an in-house set of sample questions to help candidates test their readiness for the examination. The questions provided here are well structured to access candidates.
Final BECE 2021 sample questions for Information Communication Technology (ICT) Q1-20
1. The flat panel screen is also known as
A. CRT B. LCD C. OCR D. VCD
2. The device that the computer uses to keep data is
A. input device
B. output device
C. processing device
D. storage device
3. The first key on the computer keyboard is
A. Caps Lock
B. Delete C. Enter D. Esc
4. In which of the following are the storage devices arranged on the basis of lowest to the highest capacity?
A. CD, DVD, Floppy Disk and Hard Disk B. Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, DVD and CD C. Floppy Disk, CD, DVD and Hard Disk D. Floppy Disk, DVD, CD and Hard Disk
5. A pen drive
A. inputs information
B. puts out information C. retrieves information D. stores information
6. Processed or transformed facts which are meaningful to the user is called
7. The following are possible health hazards of prolonged use of the computer system except
A. back and neck pains
B. eye strain
D. wrist pains
8. Which of the following statements is not true?
A. Remove all removable storage media or device from the system unit when switching on a computer.
B. Shut down a computer system before removing the electric power supply
C. Random access memory is part of main memory
D. The application software must be loaded before an operating system can be loaded when a computer system is switched on.
9. GUI stands for
A. Grand User Interface B. General User Interface C. Graphic User Interface D. Graphical User Interrupt
10. The software that manages the communication between the hardware and the application software of a computer system is called
A. open office
B. Microsoft office C. operating system D. internet
11. Windows organizes information on computers using a
12. Which of the following is not an input devise
13. ……… is any graphical control element that provides the user a simple way to trigger an events on a computer.
14. Any device connected internally or externally to a computer and used in the transfer of data to or from a computer is a
B. Optical drives
C. Input devices
D. Peripheral devices
15. Which of the following is not a safety measure to consider in the ICT environment?
A. Not overloading a socket
B. Sitting in a correct posture behind the computer
C. Allowing the battery of a laptop to run-down before charging
D. Avoid plugging computers in damaged sockets
16. The legal right to control the production and selling of a book, play, film and software is known as
A. production right
B. copyright C. trade mark D. patent
17. Which of the following can bring enhanced learning experience to the classroom through the use of pictures, videos and sound?
A. Software application B. Multimedia software C. Learning software
D. Teaching and learning software
18. Carbon paper is used in receipt writing as ……….. is used in the printing of documents from the printer
18. Viewing television for long periods can damage an individual’s
19. Which of the following is an effect of loud ringing tone of mobile phone?
B. Wrist pain
C. Bleeding nose
D. Damage to hearing
20. Which of the following cannot cause computer virus infection?
A. Removable storage devices
B. Input devices
C. Computer network
Final BECE 2021 sample questions for Information Communication Technology (ICT) 21-40
21. Typed text showed in active cell and also in ___
(A) Formula bar
(C) Title bar
(D) Scroll bar
22. The sharpness of an image on a monitor screen is determined by the number of
23. Which of the following can be used as an input device and at the same time as an output device?
24. Which bar show the used formula of selected active cell?
(A) Formula bar
(C) Menu bar
(D) Scroll bar
25. The part of the computer which displays information to the user in soft copy format is the
26. What is the intersection of a column and a row on a worksheet called ?
27. In Excel, Columns are labeled as ___
A) A, B, C, etc
28. The default orientation for a word processing document is
29. To print a document after previewing, use the
A. Edit command button
B. Open command button
C. Print command button
D. Save command button
30. On an email interface, which of the following areas is mandatory to complete and send a message?
A. Sender body
B. Sender name
C. Message header/subject
D. Message recipient email address
31. Which of the following domain name extensions is used by educational institutions?
31. The letter that normally represents the floppy disk in an operating system is
A. A B. C C. D D. E
32. Recycle bin or trash bin contains deleted files and folders from the
A. floppy disk B. flash disk C. hard disk
D. zip disk
33. Keys on a computer keyboard which are used to move the cursor in a specified direction are called
A. arrow keys
B. function keys
C. shift keys
D. special purpose keys
34. To underline a selected text in a word processing program, the keys used are
A. Ctrl + U B. Shift + U C. Alt + U D. Del + U
|A.||Inter connected Terminals|
|B.||Intera Common Terminology|
|C.||International Communication Technology|
|D.||Information and Communication Technology|
36. The world wide network that makes electronic information available to users is also known as
37. Transferring data from a remote computer to a local computer is referred to as
A. downloading B. downlinking C. uploading
38. A tool for locating information on the internet is the
A. universal engine B. database engine C. search engine
D. deep web
39. A mathematical calculation in a spreadsheet is called
B. formula C. number D. value
40. Which of the following features in a browser enables users to fetch the latest copy of a web page?
A. Refresh B.
Forward C. Backward D. Stop
Post Publications || Join us on Whatsapp || Post Disclaimer
SEND A STORY: Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them via our email email@example.com
DOWNLOAD OUR>>> MOBILE APP
JOIN OUR EDUCATION NEWS-GROUP (WHATSAPP)
Join one of our Whatsapp/Telegram Groups for current Ghana Education Service News Updates:
JOIN ONLY ONE... THANKS
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Group 1 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 2 >>New Group> [JOIN]
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Only websites that give us a URL backlink can repost our content on their sites.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by GhanaEducation.Org and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.