GES teachers promotion questions are now available to aid teache in preparing. These are provided to help teachers revise ahead of the impending promotion examination.
In which lesson does a general rule is explained first and then examples are illustrated?
A. Deductive lesson
B. Inductive lesson
C. Cognitive lesson
D. Skill lesson
All the following are the reasons for the introduction of the Teacher Licensing Policy in Ghana except
A. To eliminate non-performing teachers
B. To reduce teacher in- take
C. To professionalize teaching
D. To enforce discipline
In GES, the body that sees to the day to day running of the institution is generally referred to as Administration
True or False
How do you measure Educational system?
The set of rules and regulations that stipulates what should be done and not to be done in GES is…..
Ans: Code of conduct
What regulates the behaviour of a profession?
Ans: Code of ethics or Professional ethics
What legal relations exists between you and GES?
ANS: Contractual relationship
The two mechanisms that GES use to reduce or check over staffing in schools are:-
2. Staff Establishment
Which Act established MOE?
Public Service Law 372 under the PNDC Law 1993
When was MOE formed?
Which Act established GES?
GES Act 1995 Act(506)
When was GES formed?
The Act that established NTC is. …..,.
Education Act 2008 Act 778
GES TEACHERS PROMOTION SAMPLE QUESTIONS – SET TWO
1. All are district support structures in education in Ghana except
D. GES Council
2. Which organization implements pre tertiary education in Ghana
3. Which act has amended the function of GES
Ans. Education Act 2008, act 778
4. Which autonomous body develops curriculum for schools in Ghana
5. What legal relations exits between you and GES
Ans. Contractual relationship
6. The set of rules and regulation that stipulates what should be done and not to be done in GES
Ans. Code of conduct
7. What regulates the behaviour of a profession
Ans. Code of ethics or professional ethics
8. The new structure and content of education conceived the JSS concept in which year
9. The most important function of a teacher is to ….
Ans. Facilitate learning
10. How many management levels have Ghana Education Services
11. Who is the CEO of the National Management level in GES at the headquarters
Ans. Director general
12. Which entity settles disputes between employer and employee
Ans. National Labour commission
13. Which organization is responsible for the nation’s fiscal policies
Ans. Ministry of finance and economic planning
14. Which entity is in charge of the monetary policies of the country
15. Which commission is responsible for setting standards for appointments, promotions and discipline for the public sector employees
Ans. Public Services Commission
16. Who is incharge of the regional management level in GES
Ans. regional director
17. Which act does GES hinges on
Ans. GES Act 2008, Act 778
18. What is the highest decision making body in GES
Ans. GES council.
ALSO READ: GES Promotion Exam Trial Sample Questions
GES TEACHERS PROMOTION EXAMINATION QUESTIONS – SET THREE
1. When was the continuation schools instituted?
2. Which policy was introduced in 1961?
Ans. Fee-free universal primary education
3. Which act has changed the face of GES?
Ans. GES Act 2008, Act 778
4. Where did the colonial traders start education in Ghana in 1529?
5. When was the JSS fully implemented?
6. Which year was the JSS piloted?
7. When was the JSS idea conceived?
8. Which of the following is not an autonomous body of GES?
B. Ghana Library Authority
9. Which governing authority is responsible for matters relating to the licencing of teachers
10. Which is not a component of educational system
C. Physical infrastructure
11. Which is not a function of MoE
D. demarcation of constituencies
12. What term is given to the benefits that accrue to society from the education of an individual and the benefits that an educated person receives for his or her education
Ans. Externalities of education
13. What name is given to the fund set by government to support educational activities and infrastructure
Ans. GET FUND
14. What does the government use to address issues in order to achieve results or objectives
15. Which age does basic education commences
Ans. 4 years
16. What percentage does the oil revenue owe to the stabilization fund
17. Name the 4 main concerns of management in any organization in the public sector
1. Judicious use of resources2. Output of workers
3. Compliance with rules and regulatioms
4.Having the welfare of the workers at heart
18. Which two agencies assist Ministry of finance and economic planning to carry out it functions
Auditor General and Controller and Accountant Generals department
19. What name is given to the content matter of teaching
Ans. educational programmes
20 Methods or pedagogy which teachers employ in the classroom or outside
Ans. Educational process
21. When was the first free textbook policy rolled out?
22. At the school level, there are two main agencies that support the school
A. PTA and DEOC
B. PTA and GES Council
C. PTA and SMC/ BG
D. DEOC and NTC
23. When a person occupies a position and he or she ia not sure of his functions is termed as
A. Role conflict
B. role ambiguity
C. role setting
D. role incompatibility
GES TEACHERS PROMOTION SAMPLE QUESTIONS – SET FOUR
1. When was the MoE formed?
2. What is the parent agency of MoE?
3. What is the child agency of MoE?
Ans. National Accreditation Board
4. Who was the first minister of education in Ghana under Dr. Nkrumah’s government in 1957?
Ans. J. B. Erzuah
5.Who is the agency executive of GES?
Ans. Prof. Kwasi Opoku Amankuah
6. Who is the minister of state in charge of tertiary education?
Ans. Prof. Kwesi Yankah
7. What is the highest decision making body in GES headquarters?
Ans. GES Council
8. Who chairs the DEOC meeting?
Ans. MCE or DCE
9. What is the highest decision making body at the basic school level?
10. What is the highest decision making body at the SHS level ?
Ans. Board of Governors
11. Which does not account for formulation of policies by the government?
a) identification of challenge
b) availability of resources
c) monitoring and evaluation of the policy
d) REINSTATEMENT POLICY
12. All are roles of MoE except
a) formulation of policies and programmes
b) allocation of resources
c) monitoring and evaluation
d) REGISTRATION OF TEACHERS
13. Which leave is not been enjoyed by basic school teachers
a) annual leave
b) maternity leave
c) SABBATICAL LEAVE
d) study leave
14. The following are management tools except
a) time table
c) movement book
d) EXERCISE BOOK
15.The government raises income through the following except?
a) through dividend
b) imposition of tax
d) BUILDING ROADS
16. Government spends income through the following except
a) economic infrastructure
b) social infrastructure
c) fulfilling international obligations
d) DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN BORROWING
17. What does it mean to say that heads of institutions and directors are in authority
a) APPOINTMENT LETTER
b) university certificates
c) post secondary certificates
d) diploma certificates
18. What another name is given to educational programmes
19. Educational process is the same as
20. The following are educational policies except
a) school going age
b) compulsory basic education
c) student loan scheme
21. Which is not a relevant factor that affects teaching and learning abilities of children
a) class size
b) teachers salary
c) teachers experience
d) ATTENDING CHURCH SERVICE
22. Which is not a benefit of free education policy
d) HIGH ATTRITION RATES OF TEACHERS
23. The benefits and privileges that teachers enjoy because they are members of GES
a) scheme of service
b) CONDITION OF SERVICE
c) scheme of work
d) collective agreement
24. The progression or the rank teachers goes through in line of their duty
a) conditions of service
b) SCHEME OF SERVICE
c) scheme of work
d) collective agreement
25. Which is the role of GES council
a) designing curriculum
b) revoking of teachers license
c) provision of infrastructure
d) ADVISING THE MINISTER ON MATTERS AS THE MINISTER MAY REQUEST
26. Which act established GES council
Ans. Education Act 1995, Act 506.
27. How a teacher plans, controls, coordinate, directs and organizes conditions and interactions is known as
Ans. Class room management
28. Which of the following is not a technique to achieve good classroom management
a) know your pupils by name
b) establish and enforce rules and procedures for routine classroom activities
c) show good examples to pupils
d) USE PRAISE INDISCRIMINATELY
We hope these GES teachers’ promotion sample questions helped.
We do not have the copyright to these questions. They have been provided as service to our teachers.