A UK visa invitation letter is a letter written by a UK resident or citizen to invite a friend, family member, or business associate to visit the UK.
The letter is used to support the visitor’s visa application and to provide information about the visitor’s purpose of visit, length of stay, and accommodation arrangements.
The invitation letter should include the following information:
- The inviter’s name, address, and contact information
- The visitor’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- The purpose of the visit
- The dates of the visit
- The visitor’s accommodation arrangements
- A statement that the inviter will be financially responsible for the visitor during their stay in the UK
The inviter should also sign and date the letter.
The invitation letter is not required for all UK visa applications, but it is highly recommended. The letter can help to strengthen the visitor’s application and show the visa officer that the visitor has genuine ties to the UK and that they are likely to return to their home country at the end of their stay.
Here are some tips for writing a UK visa invitation letter:
- Be clear and concise in your writing.
- Provide all of the necessary information about the visitor and their visit.
- Be specific about the visitor’s accommodation arrangements.
- Proofread the letter carefully before sending it.
If you have any questions about writing a UK visa invitation letter, you should contact the UK Visa and Immigration Service for assistance.
Sample Invitation Letter for UK Visa
Dear [Entry Clearance Officer’s Name],
I am writing to invite [visitor’s name] to visit me in the UK from [start date] to [end date]. [Visitor’s name] is my [relationship to visitor, e.g. father or friend] and lives at [visitor’s address].
[Visitor’s name] will be staying with me at my home, which is located at [your address]. I have enough room to accommodate [visitor’s name] for the duration of their stay.
[Visitor’s name] is a [visitor’s occupation] and is financially independent. They have sufficient funds to cover the cost of their trip to the UK, including their flights, accommodation, and food.
I am a UK citizen and have been living in the UK for [number] years. I am employed as a [your occupation] and have a salary of [your salary]. I have no criminal record and am not subject to any immigration restrictions.
I am confident that [visitor’s name] will abide by the terms of their visa and will return to their home country at the end of their stay. I undertake to be financially responsible for [visitor’s name] during their stay in the UK.
I have attached the following documents to support this application:
- A copy of my passport
- A copy of my bank statement
- A letter from my employer confirming my employment
- A letter from my landlord confirming that [visitor’s name] is permitted to stay at my address
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely, [Your name]
- You may also want to include a letter from your visitor expressing their intention to return to their home country at the end of their stay.
- If your visitor is coming to the UK for a specific purpose, such as to attend a wedding or to visit a family member, you should include documentation to support this.
- You can find more information on applying for a UK visa on the UK government website.