GhanaEducation > Teachers News > Supply of Laptops for Teachers: Mandatory for every to own one – GES

Supply of Laptops for Teachers: Mandatory for every to own one – GES

Supply of Laptops for Teachers

According to Ghana Education Service (GES), it is mandatory for every teacher employed by the GES to own one of the laptops (One Teacher One Laptop) to be supplied to teachers.

This is the latest update on the Supply of Laptops for Teachers which has been in the news in recent times.

According to the GES, much more attention needs to be given to the concept of blended education service delivery. Thus the need to combine face-to-face and online teaching at all levels.

The GES, therefore, supports the efforts of the MoE with the support of Teacher Unions to roll out a programme for the supply of laptops to teachers. 

Per the GES letter sighted by Ghanaeducation.org, the laptops are to be supplied to teachers as their personal assets. 

These laptops will come with teaching resources and materials such as the Teachers Resource Packs, Continuous Assessment, Continuous Professional Development (APD), Professional Learning Communities (PLC) and other valuable materials for effective teaching and learning at the Pre-tertiary level.

This means the laptops are not going to be just ordinary laptops for which reason some teacher may want to opt-out of the One Teacher One Laptop (1T1L) Project. 

ALSO READ: One Teacher One Laptop (1T1L) is coming – Napo to teachers

The management of the education service furthered that, it is in talks with the National Teaching Council as well to ensure teacher portfolios towards their professional progression and licensing are also uploaded to the laptops.

Mode of payment for the One Teacher One Laptop (1T1L) Project 

The government will bear 70% of the cost whiles teachers pay the remaining 30%. To apply for the laptop, individual teachers will be required to sign an acknowledgment form. They will have to provide their personal details and authorize the deduction of the 30% cost of the laptops from their income with the Controller and Accountant Generals Department (CAGD).

The new programme One Teacher One Laptop (1T1L) Project will be rolled out soon. 

 

Source: Ghanaeducation.org

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *