Being safe on the road, driving with care, and ensuring your car is in good condition at all times starts with the daily routine checks smart drivers make before moving their cars every day. If you want to ensure your care always takes you to and from your destination and saves you money and time, consider the daily routine car checks shared here.
Remember, your car’s health can change in a split second, so always undertake these checkers. Do not be over confidence and think everything is right.
16 daily routine car checks smart drivers undertake before moving their cars every day
The daily routine car checks are a set of rules followed to find out some parts of the engine in the vehicle every day to make sure they are in the correct measurement, safe, or in the condition they should be before starting the vehicle to move.
Before moving your car every day, check the following:
- Check the level of oil in the engine.
- Check the level of water in the radiator.
- Check the brake fluid in the brake pot.
- Check the level of fluid in the clutch pot.
- Check the correct headlamp daily.
- Check the correct working condition of the direction indicator.
- Check the correct pressure on the tyres, including the 5th wheel (spare tire).
- Check the correct sound of the horn.
- Check the firmness of the wheel nut.
- Check the correct functioning of the tail and brake lights.
- Check the electrolyte level in the battery. It should be 1/4 of an inch above the plates.
- Check the fan belt tension and condition of the belt when it slacks; adjust if necessary.
- Check the fuel level in the fuel tank by watching the indicators on the dashboard.
- Check the correct operation of the windscreen wipers and examine the wiper blades and the condition of their rubbers.
- Check the correct setting of the driving mirror.
- Check the driving and side mirrors for cracks; if they are, replace them immediately.
If you can patiently go through these routine checks instead of jumping into your car, you will surely be doing yourself, your money and your car a lot of good. If you need to travel early in the morning, doing these daily routine car checks before going to bed will be the best option.