The Founder And lead Educator of Informed Teachers Network (ITN), Hon Jerry Akporho has outlined seven Lesson Steps For Teachers.
The steps indicate how a 21st-century lesson should look like in seven simple steps according to him.
As an experienced educator working as a teacher under the Ghana Education Service and leader of the (ITN), he believes the following seven simple steps can be helpful.
Lesson Steps For Teachers are as follows :
1. Capture your learner’s attention and interest through a brief activity.
2. Find out what they know about the topic you are about to teach.
3. Find out what they want to know about the topic by the close of the lesson.
4. Tell them what you want them to know or do by the time you end the lesson.
5. Involve them as much as possible in the lesson through role-plays, demonstrations, debates, group work, and presentations.
6. Find out what they have learned at the end of the lesson.
7. Together with the learners, assess the lesson to ascertain whether the objectives you set together have been achieved.
We hope the 7 Lesson Steps For Teachers were useful.
Leave a comment and suggest additional things that can be done.
READ: READ: 7 Principles of Teaching
Source: Hon. Jerry Akporho