The Ghana Education Service has served a notice to the general public, especially teachers and non-teaching staff about some circulations on Social media about the 2023 Study Leave With Pay.
Such circulation revealed the list of approved subjects for this year’s Study Leave With Pay. GES has revealed that such earlier circulations are fake and should be disregarded.
The Ghana Education Service has however released the official list of approved subjects that qualify for this year’s study Leave with pay. Teachers who wish to join be part of this year’s study leave with pay must apply now before Tuesday, 31st October, 2023.
Below is the list of approved subjects and the percentage of salary payment.
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- GHANAIAN LANGUAGE
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- EARLY CHILDHOOD
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES (CRS)
- VISUAL ARTS (GKA, CREATIVE ART, SCULPTURE)
- VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (CLOTHING& TEXTILES, HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT,
CATERING, FASHION & DESIGN, MANAGEMENT IN LIVING, FOOD AND NUTRITION AND HOME ECONOMICS
- TECHNICAL COURSES (TECH DRAWING, ELECTRONICS, APPLIED ELECTRICITY,REFRIGERATION,WELDING, METAL WORK,BUILDING CONSTRUCTION,AUTO MECHANIC,AUTO WORKS, DRAUGHTMANSHIP,CREATIVE ARTS, GRAPHIC DESIGN)
Teachers Who Wish To Be Part Of This Year’s Study Leave With Pay Must Conform to the following requirements.
1. The minimum number of years to serve before qualifying for the grant of Study Leave With Pay is 3 (three) years of satisfactory service. A beneficiary of Study Leave With Pay shall be bonded for the number of years served at the Institution plus one (1) year.
2. An applicant (staff of GES) who has served in a designated deprived area for Two (2) years may be eligible for consideration for the grant of Study Leave With Pay.
3. Non-Professional graduate teachers should have served for at least one (1) year before being eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) course
4. Staff of the Service returning from Secondment must serve a minimum of two (2) years before they become eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
5. Staff of the Service who vacate, leave the service and are re-appointed/re-engaged must serve a minimum of five (5) years before being eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
6. A Staff who does not qualify for the grant of Study Leave With Pay in the first year cannot apply again in the second year of his/her studies. The Staff must apply for Study Leave Without Pay to pursue the course.
7. A Staff who is eligible for Study Leave With Pay must have a minimum of two (2) years to serve after the course. For example, a Staff who is Fifty-Five (55) years and above cannot apply for Study Leave With Pay to pursue a course that lasts Four (4) years or more. He/She can however, apply to pursue courses that have a duration/between One (1) and Three (3) years.
8. A Staff shall be eligible for Study Leave With Pay subject to the following:
a) Good conduct and performance
b) Recommendation by immediate supervisor
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR STUDY WITH PAY FORMS
1. Applicants should obtain application forms from the Metro/Municipal/District Education Offices.
2. Applicants should complete application forms (4 copies), attach certified true copies of certificate(s).
3. Applications should be submitted to the applicant’s Regional Director through the Metro/Municipal/District Director/Head of Institution (2nd Cycle).
4. The Regional/District Directors should ensure that the list of all fully qualified beneficiaries reach the Acting Director, Human Resource Management and Development (HRMD) G.E.S. Headquarters by Tuesday, 31st October, 2023