This lesson contains WASSCE S.H.S 1 INTRODUCTION TO SCIENCE knowledge. We encourage those in SHS1, SHS, and SHS 3 to read through as lessons and or revisions.
SHS 1 Integrated Science: Introduction to Science facts section 1
- The method of obtaining knowledge through observation and experimentation is known as…science.
- The fields of science are commonly classified along two major lines namely…natural and social science.
- The study of natural world and its phenomena is known as…natural science
- The study of human behavior and societies is called …social science.
- What is applied science? …it is the study of the facts that uses scientific knowledge for practical use or application.
- List the various branches of natural science…biology, physics, chemistry, earth science, astronomy etc
- List four common fields of applied science..geology, engineering, medicine and meteorology
- The study of living organisms (plants and animals) is called..biology
- The study of matter and energy and their interactions id known as….physics
- The study of the composition and the existence of matter is called …chemistry
SHS 1 Integrated Science: Introduction to Science facts section 2
- The study of things relating to the planet earth is called ..earth sciences
- The study of celestial objects and phenomena that originate outside the Earth’s atmosphere is called…astronomy
- What is integrated science…it involves the integration of the various fields of science in a holistic manner such that none of the fields stands on its own.
- The various fields of science are integrated by the fact that they all use the scientific method to solve …problems.
- In the integrated approach of learning science, the various fields of science are grouped into five (5) themes namely…diversity of matter, cycles, systems, energy, interactions of matter.
- List some ways in which science has affected our daily lives.
Science has helped in the exploitation of new sources of energy, science has provided us with tools and gadgets for our homes and work, science has helped us to improve our health, science has helped to improve sanitation, science has helped to improve transportation, science has enabled us to gain a better understanding of our environment, etc.
17. The application of scientific knowledge in a practical way is known as…technology
We hope these SHS 1 Integrated Science on Introduction to Science lessons was useful
Post Publications || Join us on Whatsapp || Post Disclaimer
SEND A STORY: Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them via our email [email protected]
DOWNLOAD OUR>>> MOBILE APP
JOIN OUR EDUCATION NEW GROUPS (WHATSAPP)
Join one of our Whatsapp/Telegram Groups for current Ghana Education Service News Updates:
JOIN ONLY ONE... THANKS
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Group 1 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 6 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 3 >>New Group> [JOIN]
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Only websites that give us a URL backlink can repost our content on their sites.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by GhanaEducation.Org and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.