This is an Integrated Science lesson on Matter covering key concepts in the form of questions and answers. SHS1, SHS2, and WASSCE candidates can also use this as a revision exercise to keep their knowledge updated.
In addition, we have uploaded some useful notes on this for teachers and students.
SHS Integrated Science lessons,, questions and answers
21. Give three examples of metals ….calcium, aluminum, sodium etc
22. Give three examples of semimetals (metalloids) …… silicon, boron, arsenic, antimony, etc
23. A substance formed from the chemical combination of two or more elements is called … compound.
24. A material formed from the physical combination of two or more elements ( substances) is termed as .. Mixture
25. Elements are represented by ……chemical symbols.
26. Chemical symbol represents one atom of a ……. Chemical element
26. What are chemical symbols….. They are one or two letters, usually the first letter of the English, Latin or Greek names of the chemical element.
27. Au is the chemical symbol for the element gold because… the chemical symbol of gold was obtained from it Latin name which is Aurum.
38. The chemical symbol for the element hydrogen is….H
39. Tabulate three differences between elements and compounds
40. Mixtures can be separated by …….. Physical means
41. Compounds can be separated by …….. Chemical means
42. Tabulate four differences between compounds and mixtures
List the six (6) types of mixtures that we have with two examples each….
Liquid-liquid mixture: water and petrol, kerosene and alcohol, water and alcohol
Soli-solid mixture: gari and sugar, sand and stones, alloys, sulphur and iron filings
Solid-liquid mixture: salt and water, sand and water, milk and sugar, chalk and water
Liquid -gas mixture: foam, dew, hydrochloric acid, aerated water etc
Gas-gas mixture: air, a mixture of hydrogen gas and nitrogen gas,
Solid- gas mixture: harmattan, dust, smoke,
SHS Integrated Science lesson on Matter Part 2 Downloads
Download 1 : [Matter lessons for SHS]
Download 2 : [Matter lessons for SHS]
Download 3 : [Matter lessons for SHS]
44. Tabulate four differences between elements and mixtures
45. Mixtures that consist of two or more solids are known as …. Solid–solid mixtures
46. A mixture that consist of two or more liquids is known as…. Liquid-liquid mixtures.
47. A mixture which consists of two or more gases is known as ….. gas–gas mixtures
48. A mixture that consist of a solid and gas is known as…… solid-gas mixture
49. A mixture that consists of a solid and a liquid is termed as…. Solid-liquid mixture.
50. A mixture which is made up of liquid and a gas is known as….. liquid-gas mixture.
Post Publications || Join us on Whatsapp || Post Disclaimer
SEND A STORY: Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them via our email [email protected]
DOWNLOAD OUR>>> MOBILE APP
JOIN OUR EDUCATION NEW GROUPS (WHATSAPP)
Join one of our Whatsapp/Telegram Groups for current Ghana Education Service News Updates:
JOIN ONLY ONE... THANKS
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Group 1 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 6 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 3 >>New Group> [JOIN]
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Only websites that give us a URL backlink can repost our content on their sites.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by GhanaEducation.Org and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.