Information trickling in indicates that teachers will pay more for the One Teacher One Laptop Price since the price has gone up.
One Teacher One Laptop Price Goes Up?
The new price of the Teacher Mate 1 according to our sources adds up to Ghc1,831.47 which is higher than the initial price announced.
The new price has caused agitation among teachers who are expected to pay 30% of the total cost while the government pays the remaining 70% but the laptops become the property of the teachers.
The price quoted earlier was Ghc1,550 and however, it is now Ghc1,831 per the letter from the National Association of Graduate Teachers.
30% of the earlier price quoted would have amounted to GHS465.00 and the 70% component of government under the agreement should have been GHS1085.00.
Per the new price, the ratio of teacher’s 30% is GHS549.44 whiles the portion to be paid by the government is GHS1282.03. With an increase of GHS 281.00 in the total cost of the Teacher Mate 1, teachers will pay Ghs 84.44 more.
It is clear per the information available to this portal that teachers will pay more for the One Teacher One Laptop due to upward adjustment in the price.
In a letter sighted by Ghanaeducation.org, the National Association of Graduate Teachers indicated that computers will become the property of teachers. The Company KA Technology suppliers of the laptops would provide training and after-sales service to teachers.
According to information available to Ghanaedution.org, the payment plan would be a one-time payment from the Professional Development Allowance and not be paid in instalment as stated by the government earlier.
We shall keep you updated with new development soon.
- BECE 2021 Examination rules for candidates and schools
- BECE 2021 cut-off point, not Aggregate 25 but these three things can shatter your dreams
- Free SHS policy is a Game-Changer – Education Ministry
- WAEC Sample BECE 2021 English Language Questions
- WAEC Sample BECE 2021 Social Studies Questions
- WAEC Sample BECE 2021 Religious and Moral Education Questions