Management of the University of Education, Winneba has announced the Examination schedule for mature distance applicants for the 2023/2024 academic year.
According to the university, the examination is in two batches. The first batch will be written on Saturday 9th September, 2023.
Time for the examination is at 9:00am for General Aptitude Test and 1:00pm for Subject Area Test.
Here are the venues for the exams
- Accra – Accra Academy SHS
- Accra – Accra St. John Grammar SHS
- Cape Coast – Cape Coast Technical Institute
- Hohoe – St. Francis College of Education
- Koforidua – Koforidua Technical Institute (KOTEC)
- Kumasi – AAMUSTED Campus (formerly UEWK), Tanoso
- Navrongo – St. John Bosco College of Education
- Sekondi – Fijai S.H.S.
- Sogakope – Sogakope S.H.S.
- Sunyani – Twene Amanfo SHTS
- Tamale – Bagabaga College of Education
- Tarkwa – Tarkwa S.H.S.
- Techiman – UEW, CODeL Study Centre, Tadieso
- Wa – N. J. Ahmadiyya College of Education
- Winneba – Faculty Building, UEW North Campus.
UEW DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMMES
- B.Ed. in Basic Education (Upper Primary Option)
- B.Ed. in Basic Education (Junior High School Option)
- B.Ed. in Early Grade Education
- B.A. in English Language Education
- B.Sc. in Mathematics Education
- B.A. in Social Studies Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resource Management)
- Diploma in Basic Education
- Diploma in Early Grade Education
- Diploma in Education
- M.Ed. English
- M.Ed. Mathematics
- M.Ed. Science
- M.Ed Institutional Mentorship and Supervision
- M.Ed Educational Administration and Management
- M.Ed Counseling Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
The aim of UEW is to
- To provide higher education and foster a systematic advancement of the science and the art of teacher education:
- To train tutors for the colleges of education and other tertiary institutions:
- To provide teachers with professional competence for teaching in pre-tertiary institutions such as preschool, basic, senior secondary school and nonformal education institutions: and
- To foster links between the schools and the community in order to ensure the holistic training of teachers.