WAEC 2022 BECE Timetable reduces preparation period by a month
WAEC has released the 2022 BECE timetable for the examination. The new timetable has reduced the period for preparing for the BECE by one full month. In 2020 and 2021, BECE candidates sat for the examination in November however, this year, the examination will take place in October.
WAEC has set October 17th, 2022 as the commencement date for the Junior High School leaving examination which will end on Friday, 21st October 2022.
The implication of this is that all things held constant, teachers, schools, and candidates will have less time to prepare. It is not clear whether school placement and enrolment into Free SHS and TVETs will be done earlier to enable SHS1 students to spend more time in school.
Ahead of the release of the timetable, the Minister of Education hinted of a meeting with WAEC to conclude on a timetable for the 2022 BECE since Junior High Schools have now migrated to the semester calendar.
READ: 2022 May BECE Mock: Sample Integrated Science Questions & Answers
What are some things schools, students, and teachers can do to get the best out of their preparations for the 2022 BECE?
- Solving old papers to assist applicants in becoming acquainted with the question format at the BECE level.
- Candidates are taught how to respond to inquiries. This should be done one subject at a time.
- Teachers should teach their kids how to learn the SMART way rather than the hard way.
- Students should be encouraged to create and follow study schedules at home and after school.
- Schools with parental assistance must spend more productive hours in school by starting at least an hour earlier and closing an hour later.
- Teachers should focus on students’ ability to spell essential vocabulary under each topic to assist students to acquire the critical concepts of the many courses.
- Do not specialize by learning some topics or subjects and leaving the rest out. That can prove to be a dangerous decision.
- Students should develop personal learning timetables that correspond with the BECE timetable. This can help students learn the subjects as they have been paired by WAEC for each day. It can be a good brain training exercise.
- Learn the vocabulary in each topic and their spellings because they can help improve the answers you provide and the scores you obtain at the end of the examination.
- Do not become arrogant and disrespectful as a student all because you are in form three and a candidate. Humble yourself and learn from the directions and titbits offered by your teachers.
The WAEC 2022 BECE Timetable
Monday, 17th October 2022
|020/2||Social Studies 2(Essay)||1 hour||9.00 a.m. – 10.00 a.m.|
|020/1||Social Studies 1 (Objective)||45 minutes||10.00 a.m. – 10.45 a.m.|
|070/2||Information and Communication Technology 2(Essay)||1 hour||1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m.|
|070/1||Information and Communication Technology 1(Objective)||45 minutes||2.00 p.m. – 2.45 p.m.|
Tuesday, 18th October 2022
|03o/2||Mathematics 2 (Essay)||1 hour 15 minutes||9.00 a.m. – 10.15 a.m.|
|03o/1||Mathematics 1(Objective)||45 minutes||10.15 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.|
|053/2-055/2||Basic Design and Technology 2(Essay)||1 hour 15 minutes||1.00 p.m. – 2.15 p.m.|
|053/1-055/1||Basic Design and Technology 1 (Objective)||40 minutes||2.15 p.m. – 2.55 p.m.|
Wednesday, 19th October 2022
|001/2||English Language 2 (Essay)||1 hour||9.00 a.m. – 10.00 a.m.|
|001/1||English Language 1(Objective)||1 hour||10.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.|
|022/2||Religious and Moral Education 2(Essay)||1 hour||1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m.|
|022/1||Religious and Moral Education 1(Objective)||45 minutes||2.00 p.m. – 2.45 p.m.|
Thursday, 20th October 2022
|033/2||Integrated Science 2 (Essay)||1 hour||9.00 a.m.||–||10.00 a.m.|
|033/1||Integrated Science 1 (Objective)||45 minutes||10.00 a.m.||–||10.45 a.m.|
|003/2 – 0013/2||Ghanaian Language and Culture 2 (Essay)||45 minutes||1.00 p.m.||–||1.45 p.m.|
|003/1-0013/1||Ghanaian Language and Culture 1 (Objective)||1 hour||1.45 p.m.||–||2.45 p.m.|
|Friday, 121st October 2022||002/2||French 2 (Essay)||1 hour 15 minutes||9.00 a.m.||–||10.15 a.m.|
|45 minutes||10.15 a.m.||–||11.00 a.m.|
It is hoped that the suggestions made above will help students prepare very well for the examination.