John Agyekum Kufuor is the former of President of Ghana. He served from 7 January 2001 to 7 January 2009. Here are 10 memorable quotes of him.
1. Never again should Ghanaians have to resort to dubious means to get to, or live in, foreign lands, simply to make a living.
2. Education, particularly higher education, will take Africa into the mainstream of globalization.
3. There has been enough suffering in our country, there has been enough of children whose dreams die before they have a chance to grow and there has been enough of our elders who, having served their nation, are forced into indignity in their old age.
4. With God’s help and guidance, we shall soon see the end of this most unpleasant chapter in our history.
5. Ours is not a poor country and even though we are now a poor people, there should be no room for the despondency that has settled on large sections of the population.
6. From today, we must learn to smile again. We must learn to appreciate the good in each other and we must feel pride in being Ghanaians.
7. Another problem afflicting higher education is the brain drain of faculty to the more advanced parts of the world. The striking feature of this challenge is that because of poor conditions of service, faculty is not able to attract young lecturers.
8. As with many other member countries of the Fund, who are effectively managing their economies and recording sustained growth in a stable environment, we will continue our close collaboration with the Fund, and all the other international financial institutions.
9. It was professionally their duty to arrest pain, restore the body to good health and save lives. They did all that with a difference.
10. Never again should Ghanaians have to resort to dubious means to get to, or live in, foreign lands, simply to make a living.