The 2023 BECE graduates will start choosing schools from Monday 18th September 2023. The Self-placement module according to the MoE will be to be used in the ‘BECE 2023’ SHS/SHTS posting.
The Self-Placement module has been part of the School selection and placement and will be used if a candidate does not get placed in any of the 11 schools chosen.
Since the introduction of the School selection self-placement module, students who are not placed in any school of their choice are given the chance to self-place into any of the available schools, programs, and accommodation choices.
However, candidates who are not placed but obtain grade 9 in Mathematics or Integrated Science or both do not have the chance to use the self-placement module.
The decision by the Ministry of Education to permit 2023 Candidates to choose up to 11 schools is expected to help reduce the need for candidates to use the self-placement module.
The candidates per the new school choice and selection phase of the 2023 BECE will select 6 schools using the first school selection form. The remaining 5 schools will be selected using the newly introduced form 2.
Each of the forms comes with a set of rules to be followed in making the choices.
How to do self-placement using the 2023 Self-Placement Module
Note that this module will be used only if a candidate is not placed in any of the 11 schools chosen and that candidate did not obtain grade nine in Integrated Science and or Mathematics.
1. Log onto the school placement portal at https://cssps.gov.gh
2. Click on the check placement module and key in the required details
3. The details to be entered as your BECE Index Number (e.g. 100000000022) and your 10-digit E-voucher pin for checking the school placement.
5. Key in the 5-digit PIN code which came with the 10-digit E-voucher pin.
6. Click on Proceed. The system will redirect you to the self-placement module only if you qualify for self-placement.
7. Candidates directed to the self-placement module will choose, a school, a program, and an accommodation type from available schools
Here Choose a second-cycle school, a residential preference (Day/Boarding) as well as a programme of choice
18. Cross-check all your choices and be sure before you proceed to confirm and print.
After you confirm, you cannot change the choices made.