Mistakes university students make abound, but they are more on the side of new /freshers on campus. Students can avoid them altogether if they are informed about them
If you avoid them, you will be indirectly learning to survive on campus and enjoy school life like a pro from year one.
New university students in level 100 are the most interesting people to have on campus. Knowing the tips you need to survive and the mistakes to avoid on campus goes a long way to help you settle down quickly.
7 mistakes fresher at the university makes
In this write, we will share real-life tips gathered from university graduates on mistakes they made and how they survived.
How many of these mistakes can you avoid in your first year? Let us identify them. Later come out with strategies to avoid them.
1. Bringing unnecessary things to school – Some freshers pick nearly everything in their room to school as if they will not go back home. If you are already on campus, fine, but if you are yet to live, watch it. The reality is that even continuing students make these mistakes new university students make.
2. New university students get on campus and once they enter their hostel or residents on campus, they don’t want to come out. What? for how long will you stay indoors? Come out and get used to the new environment.
3. Freshers on university campuses love to attend just every program organized for newbies. Attending every single freshers’ event is not necessary. Just set your priorities right. Do not miss the orientations organized for freshers.
4. Some new level 100 students over-network by joining nearly every society or union on campus. Just then they realize they have less time for other equally important things. Just be smart. Join a few and be very selective. Join associations or societies that will help your academic work, future career, and build a good CV. Think about those societies that will add a bit of value to your CV and dedicate effort and time to it. Avoid the mistakes university students make and be different on campus.
5. Never ringing home for a while becomes the norm once the level 100 student gets used to campus life. This is a bad habit. Even if you have nothing to discuss, set a time or number of times you will call family and friends back home. This helps keep you connected with those at home.
6. Many new students on campus fail to draw up weekly budgets and soon realize they have spent their monthly stipend already. Soon freshers become crafters of big lies just to get some money from their parents or sponsors. Learn to budget your expenditure and spend wisely.
7. Go to lectures, don’t make the mistake of skipping lectures – At the university, every student is an adult who is expected to know what is good for them. No one will chase you around to go for lecturers like your teachers did at the secondary school. No one is going to ring a bell for you to wake up. You can do what you want, right? But make the right choices and attend lectures.
We hope this write up on mistakes university students make helped you and you picked out some key points and got ideas on how to avoid these mistakes fresher to make at the university.