A reputable media house in Ghana is hiring stringers. The applicant must be meet the following requirements.
NB: A stringer is a person who writes for a publication or a media house on a freelance basis. Though a stringer earns money for his writing, he is not considered an employee and does not receive a regular salary. Instead, a stringer is considered an independent contractor and receives payment for each piece of published work. Often, stringers are used by news outlets, tackling projects for the television and print news industry.
- Gather, research, investigate, write compelling stories social, political and current affairs in a fair, balanced and accurate manner for news bulletins, documentaries and other factual programmes.
- Report on social issues – health, education, local or regional disasters (flood, fire, road accidents, etc) within the communities that you operate.
- Generate creative, original ideas for content for the consideration of News bulletins.
- Script and edit stories for News consideration.
- Develop and maintain contact with a wide spectrum of news makers in the country, ie, Government Officials, Businessmen, Diplomats, Politicians, Law Enforcement Agencies and Ghana National Fire Service, NGOS and community organizations to stay updated on Current events.
- Promote approved stories on social media platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies related to news gathering, coverage, writing, research and editing,
Hiring Stringers In Ghana
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Economics, Statistics, and other disciplines from a recognised institution.
- Must demonstrate a passion and understanding for reporting on part-time basis
- A minimum of 3-4 years work experience in broadcast journalism. Experience as Stringer, Reporter, Production Assistant or any similar role in the media with interest in reporting will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of broadcasting systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent team player, capable of building effective relationships at all levels in society.
- Creative and innovative with an engaging personality.
- Must have high level integrity
- Strong ethical values
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound Editorial Judgement
- Familiarity with industry trends and technologies related to news reporting
- Proficient ICT skills in Microsoft Office Suites
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly send your application & CV to
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.