Applying for your Ghanaian passport has now been made much easier than it was before. It was quite hectic in the previous years but this article teaches how to apply for a Passport in Ghana.
How To Apply For A Passport In Ghana, Step To Step
The prices of the application vary since there are two types of applications. These are the expedited application which is also called ‘Express’ and the standard application which takes longer than the expedited application to process. Here are the prices below.
Standard application with a 32-page booklet costs GHS 100, while the one with a 48-page booklet costs GHS 150
Expedited application with a 32-page booklet costs GHS 150, while the one with the 48-page booklet costs GHS 200
However, there are some documents needed to be able to apply for a Passport. You can read them using the link below.
How To Apply For A Passport In Ghana
1. Visit the online application portal at https://passport.mfa.gov.gh and create an account
2. Click on the ‘sign up to create a new account and then confirm the otp received in your SMS in the confirmation box
3. Now login into the application portal by using your username and password
4. Click on ‘start new application’ and then pay the processing fee through the online payment system. The form to be filled will then be sent to your account. You will find the form in ‘my applications’
5. Fill the form and make sure to complete it with all the relevant details and then sign the declaration form
6.Find a date on which you can visit the passport application center so that you can verify your documents as well as the biometric details such as fingerprints and photographs. You will then print the final document and send it to be signed by your guarantor.
7. After that, you can visit the application center again for your documents and the biometric details to be verified. You will be told when to expect the passport
8. SMS will be sent to notify you when the passport is ready. Visit the passport center and collect your new passport.