Humphrey Ashimatey, a student from the Economics department, was named the valedictorian of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences and the most outstanding graduating student at the 57th Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology graduation ceremony held in Kumasi. Humphrey Ashimatey graduated with an 85.09 CWA.
From the Voice of KNUSt on X
Mr. and Mrs. Ashimatey, parents of the KNUST class of 2023 Overall best-graduating student Humphrey Ashimatey, were present at the Great Hall to witness the success story of their brainiac child as he set a 52-year academic record in KNUST.
It should be noted that Harry Ashimatey, Humphrey Ashimatey junior twin brother, also graduated this year with a CWA of 82.14 in Civil Engineering. Discover some fascinating facts about the Valedictorian of the 2023 KNUST 57th Graduation Ceremony.
- In 2015, he was crowned the Overall Best BECE Student of his district.
- In 2018 he was adjudged the Overall Best WASSCE student, at Akatsi Snr. High/Tech. School.
- Overall Best Student of the Faculty of Social Sciences, KNUST 2021.
- He registered for 55 academic courses during his stay at KNUST as an undergraduate student and scored 55A’s.
- In 2023 he became the Overall Best-graduating student of the College of Humanities and Social Science.
- He was honored with the overall Best Graduating Student at the KNUST 2023 (57th) Congregation/ Graduation.
- He is currently the first-ever student from the College of Humanities and Social Science to emerge as Valedictorian of KNUST since the establishment of the college in 1971 – 52 years.
MORE STORIES FOR YOU:List of Ghana’s top 10 food imports and exports
ATTENTION GENERAL PUBLIC!
It is fascinating to know that Harry Ashimatey, junior twin brother of Humphrey Ashimatey who emerged as the overall best student of the KNUST 2023 Graduation with a CWA of 85.09 also graduated this year with a CWA of 82.14 in Civil Engineering
2023 KNUST Valedictorians from the various Colleges
- Kenneth Sena Blekor, an Actuarial Science student, was named College of Science Valedictorian with a CWA of 84.74.
- Prince Dela Goka, a student of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, has been adjudged the Valedictorian of the College of Health Science with a CWA of 78.9
- Kelvin Tamakloe of the College of Engineering was named valedictorian after obtaining a CWA of 84.72.