On the issue of immigration, United Kingdom is one of the popular destination. There are several work visas one can apply for in order to immigrate to the UK.
The popular UK work visa is the Tier 2. This Tier 2 work visa is mostly used by foreign workers. In this context, I will reveal to you the hidden UK work visa that you can apply for with or without a job offer in the UK.
The hidden UK work visa with or without a job offer is the Graduate Academic Extension (GAE) Work Visa. The GAE has distinct merits available to all foreigners seeking jobs, and internships in the UK.
The GAE Work Visa broadens the way for foreigners to immigrate to the UK with or without a job offer from an employer.
How Can One Enter The UK With The GAE Work Visa?
Immigrants or foreigners can immigrate to the UK through the GAE Work Visa by joining one of the schemes below:
- BNSC Satellite KHTT Programme
- China-UK Mandarin Teachers Scheme
- AIESEC internships
- European Voluntary Service
- Bar Council
- Serious Fraud Office
- International Internship Scheme
- Chatham House Fellowship
- Defence Academy
- NPL Guest Worker and Secondment Scheme
- BAE Systems Training, Internship and Graduate Programme
- UK Research and Innovation
- Foreign Language Assistants Programme
- The Ofgem International Staff Exchange Scheme
- BUNAC Blue Card Internships
- NIM China Secondee Programme
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Plan (CSFP)
- Medical Training Initiative
- Medical Training Initiative for Dentistry
- US-UK Education Commission
- Chevening and Marshall Sherfield Fellowships Programmes (CMSFP)
- Mountbatten Programme
- GTI intern scheme
- Diplomatic Missions Interns Scheme
- Lord Chancellor’s Training Scheme
- International Horticulture Scheme
- Sponsored Researchers
- Glasgow Caledonian University International (GCUI) exchange programme
- Khebrat Leadership for Change Programme
- Scottish Government Interchange Scheme
- Engineering work placement scheme
- Law Society GAE scheme
- Finance Ministries and Central Banks scheme
- International Optometrists Scheme
Do You Need A Sponsorship For The GAE Work Visa?
Yes, before one can immigrate to the UK as a skilled or non-skilled worker, he or she must be able to produce a certificate of sponsorship from a certified employer or company in the UK.
A certificate of sponsorship does not mean you have to produce a normal certificate. The certificate of sponsorship simply is, a reference number provided by your employer to you.
Who Can Sponsor Me?
There are normally three ways to get a certificate of sponsorship to immigrate to the UK, and they are:
- A UK Government institution
- A Certified company (in the exchange programme)
- University (either an examiner, researcher, or graduate assistant)
How Long Does It Take To Get The UK GAE Work Visa?
For applicants outside the UK, it takes up to three(3) weeks, and applicants in the UK, eight(8) weeks.
Cost For The GAE Work Visa
The application fee is £259 (3,726.58 Ghanaian Cedi)
Duration Of The GAE Work Visa
The duration of your stay will depend on the contract with your employer. The initial period of stay is either twelve (12) or twenty-four (24) months, thus 1 to 2 years, but it all relies on the field of work.
You are allowed to be in the UK for 14 more days if your contract runs out.
Can You Apply To Extend Your Stay With The GAE Work Visa?
Yes, one can apply to extend his or her stay with the GAE work visa. You must be in the UK before you can apply to extend, and one should apply before the visa expires.
What Are The Requirements For The UK GAE Work Visa?
- Reference number or certificate of sponsorship from a certifies employer or company
- Valid passport
- Bank statements
- Educational certificates (up to the employer or company)
- Tuberculosis test
- Work permit
How Can I Apply For The GAE Work Visa In The UK?
Apply with the link below.
LINK: APPLY HERE!