As you prepare for the BECE, do not forget that many of the past objective test questions will be repeated across many of the subjects. You can do well and pass the 2023 BECE with these objective test question trends we are sharing with you here as the BECE takes off from August 7th, 2023.
The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is a major milestone in the academic career of every Ghanaian student. It is the final examination that students take before graduating from Junior High School (JHS), and it is used to determine their eligibility for admission to Senior High School (SHS).
Passing the BECE is not easy, but it is certainly possible with careful preparation. One of the best ways to prepare for the BECE is to practice with past questions. Past questions can give you an idea of the types of questions that you will be asked, and they can also help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
When using past questions to prepare for the BECE, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that you are using past questions that are recent. The format of the BECE can change from year to year, so it is important to use questions that are as similar to the actual exam as possible.
Second, take the time to understand the trends in the past questions. What are the most common types of questions? What are the most difficult topics? By understanding the trends in the past questions, you can focus your preparation on the areas that will be most beneficial to you.
Finally, don’t just try to memorize the answers to the past questions. Instead, focus on understanding the concepts behind the questions. This will help you to answer similar questions on the actual exam, even if the wording is different.
Here are some tips on how to use question trends of the BECE to prepare for the 2023 exam:
- Identify the most common types of questions. What types of questions have been asked most frequently in past exams? This will give you an idea of the types of questions that you are most likely to see on the 2023 exam.
- Focus on the most difficult topics. Which topics have been the most difficult for students in past exams? This will help you to focus your preparation on the areas where you need the most help.
- Look for patterns in the questions. Are there any patterns in the way that questions are asked? For example, are there certain topics that are always tested together? By understanding the patterns in the questions, you can be better prepared to answer them on the actual exam.
- Practice with past questions. The best way to learn how to answer BECE questions is to practice with past questions. This will give you a chance to see the types of questions that are asked, and it will also help you to develop your problem-solving skills.
- Don’t just memorize the answers. It is important to understand the concepts behind the questions, not just memorize the answers. This will help you to answer similar questions on the actual exam, even if the wording is different.
Objective Test Question Trends for 2023 BECE
Social studies : ( learn from 2017 past questions to 2022).
RME (learn from 1999 past questions to date)
Integrated Science Objective Test Trends : (learn from 2015 past questions to date)
Maths Objective Test Trends For 2023: (learn from 2019 past questions to date)
English Objective Test Trends : (learn from 2016 past questions to date)
Twi Objective Test Trends For 2023 ( from 2015 to date )
ICT Objective Test Trends ( from 2011 to date )
BDT Objective Test Trends For 2023 ( from 2010 to date )
BECE 2023 Maths topics to revise quickly
*pie chart (The pie chart, you will interpret it)
*bar graph ( mean , mode , median )
*two sets problems/ Venn Diagram
*discounts, ratio and proportion and interest
*factorization, Expansion and Change of subject
* Standard form and Indices
*transformation / linear graph