WASSCE 2023 Integrated Science Questions (Samples) which come along with suggested answers have been shared in this post as part of efforts to help candidates revise with extra materials for the pending examination.
Integrated Science Sample questions and answers for the 2023 WASSCE have been set to rest your readiness as a candidate for the exam.
The Integrated Science paper will be written on Monday, 18th Sept, 2023.
Make yourselves abreast with these sample questions and answers
WASSCE 2023 Integrated Science Questions (Samples)
1. The following are all applied sciences except
A. environmental science
2. Which of the following organelles of the cell is responsible for making energy available for use by living cells?
C. Golgi body
3. It is common to see egrets feeding close to where cattle are grazing. This is because they derive food by picking parasitic organisms such as ticks and mites from the cattle. How would you describe this association between the cattle and the egret?
4. The water in the Akosombo dam possesses _________ energy which is used to turn the turbines and eventually generate electrical energy for our homes.
5. Kofi is a top athlete in his school. At the last interschool sports, he came first in the 100 m race with a time of 8.5 s. Estimate the average velocity of Kofi in this race.
A. 850.00 m/s
B. 11.76 m/s
C. 85.00 m/s
D. 10.25 m/s
6. There was an outbreak of rubella, a viral disease, in a certain village in Ghana. The health officials advised that patients should be kept in isolation; people should avoid close contact with other people. What type of disease is that?
A. Zoonotic disease
B. Communicable disease
C. Contagious disease
D. Epizootic disease
7. To help resolve water scarcity issues in a certain village, the community dwellers decided to start harvesting rainwater during the rainy season. The rainwater from this village was sent for water quality analysis and it was found to be slightly acidic with pH around 5.6. What is your assessment of the quality of the water with respect to pH?
A. The rainwater is polluted; the pH is expected to be neutral around 7.0.
B. The rainwater is contaminated; the slight acidity is due to the climate change effect.
C.The rainwater is of normal quality; the slight acidity is due to dissolved carbon dioxide…….
D. The issue of acid rain may be occurring in the village.
WASSCE 2023 Integrated Science Questions
8. A scientist observes that a group of plants that receive more sunlight grow taller than a group of plants that receive less sunlight. Which of the following statements is a valid conclusion based on this observation?
A. Sunlight has no effect on plant growth
B. The plants that receive less sunlight are genetically inferior to the plants that receive more sunlight.
C. Sunlight is a limiting factor for plant growth.
D. The plants that receive more sunlight are being fertilized with better nutrients.
9. A student suffered some injury in the laboratory when he attempted to dilute concentrated sulphuric acid. Immediately he started the dilution, the mixture boiled very violently, splashing the concentrated acid and injuring himself. What did the student do wrong?
A. He did the dilution too quickly and did not stir the mixture.
B. He added water to the acid
C. He added the acid to the water
D. He did the dilution too slowly and attempted to stir the mixture.
WASSCE 2023 Integrated Science Questions Answered (Answers)
Final Tips and Suggestions
We hope candidates preparing for the Integrated Science make very good use of these WASSCE 2023 Integrated Science Questions (Samples with Answers) provided here.
Candidates should note that specializing in specific topics and leaving the rest can be a dangerous approach to doing well in the examination.
WAEC often sets questions from between 60 and 80 percent of the total topics in the entire syllabus.
To pass the examination or stand a chance of doing well, candidates should study at least 90% of the topics covered very well and solve past questions (WASSCE and Mock) to test their readiness.
Good luck to all candidates in the upcoming Work Work examination at the ongoing 2023 WASSCE for school candidates.