Let’s take a look at some sample questions of the 2023 WASSCE Physics which is set to be written on Monday, 11th September, 2023.
We have compiled some likely questions for all General Science students who will be writing Physics. These questions were selected based on some confirmed topics. Candidates should go through them and solve those without answers
1. If the sum of all the forces acting on a moving object is zero, the object will
A. accelerate uniformly
B. change the direction of its motion
C. continue moving with constant velocity
D. slow down and stop
2. How far will a brick starting from rest fall freely in 3.0 seconds if the acceleration due to gravity is 10 m/s^2?
A. 15 m
B. 30 m
C. 45 m
D. 90 m
3. A spring scale reads 20 N as it pulls a 5.0 kg mass across a table. What is the magnitude of the force exerted by the mass on the spring scale?
A. 5.0 N
B. 20.0 N
C. 49.0 N
D. 100.0 N
4. Kojo and Nelson leave school at the same time. Kojo drives at an average speed of 55 km/h and Nelson drives at 70 km/h. How long does it take each person to reach a mall that is 25 km from the school?
A. Kojo takes 1 hour 40 minutes and Nelson takes 36 minutes
B. Kojo takes 2.2 hours and Nelson takes 2.8 hours
C. Kojo takes 22 minutes and Nelson takes 27 minutes
D. Kojo takes 27 minutes and Nelson takes 22 minutes
5. To increase pressure
A. Area of contact is increased
B. Area of contact is decreased
C. Magnitude of thrust is decreased
D. None of these
6. Which of the following is a correct statement?
A. Alpha particles are singly ionized helium atoms
B. Beta rays are the same as for cathode rays
C. Gamma rays are high energy neutrons
D. Protons and neutrons have the same mass
7. If the radius of the earth decreases by 1% and its mass remains the same, then the acceleration due to gravity
A. increases by 1%
B. decreases by 1%
C. increases by 2%
D. decreases by 2%
8. If the resistance of a coil is 3 Ω at 20 °C and its temperature coefficient is 0.004 °C^−1, determine its resistance at 100 °C.
A. 3.96 Ω
B. 4.87 Ω
C. 4.02 Ω
D. 3.09 Ω
9. A cylinder fitted with a frictionless piston traps a volume of gas V1. At the initial conditions, the pressure of the gas is in equilibrium with the external pressure p. After supplying heat to the gas, it expands to a new volume V2, at the same pressure equilibrium. What expression can be used to obtain the amount of energy used to expand the gas?
A. p(V2 – V1)
B. 1/2 p(V2 – V1)
C. p(V2 + V1)
D. 1/2 pV2 + V1)
10. To ensure that readings from measuring instruments are taken accurately, the line of sight should be
A. at acute angle to the scale
B. perpendicular to scale
C. at obtuse angle to the scale
D. parallel to the scale