The goal of this Aga Khan Foundation Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship is to strengthen capacity for global mental health implementation science in South and Central Asia and/or East Africa.
The Fellowship Program is a joint initiative of the Aga Khan University’s Brain and Mind Institute and the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School.
The Program supports post-doctoral research fellows in conducting implementation science research designed to translate prevention, assessment, and treatment interventions to specific settings and vulnerable populations in low- and middle- income countries.
About Aga Khan Foundation
Benefits of Aga Khan Foundation Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Employed on a regular University payroll
- Receiving a paycheck from Harvard
- Working at least 17.5 hours per week or paid at a base annual rate of at least $15,000
Requirements for Aga Khan Foundation Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Fellowship Program is open to individuals who have received their PhD or completed their MD with a research thesis degree by December 01, 2023.
Additionally, applicants should have a record of academic achievement (for example, prior peer-reviewed publications), and have demonstrated a commitment to pursuing a career in global mental health research, particularly in service to the geographies served by Aga Khan University and the Aga Khan Development Network. The Fellowship Program is open to any qualified candidate.
- Commitment to the fields of global mental health and implementation science.
- Commitment to the special needs of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs), especially those served by Aga Khan University (AKU) and the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
- Demonstrated academic excellence and/or knowledge/experience in LMICs.
- Desire to establish a career in the geographies served by AKU and AKDN.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter outlining interest in the fellowship.
- Personal statement of no more than1,000 words addressing the candidate’s passion for a career in impactful research on mental health in LMICs, or how the candidate demonstrates commitment to the issues and countries where they plan to carry out future work.
- Writing samples or publication examples (no more than three total)
- Names and contact information for three references.
- Confirmation of completion of an MD with a research thesis degree or award of a PhD by December 01, 2023.
Application Deadline For Aga Khan Foundation Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
September 30, 2023.