Broadway Across America and Black Theatre Coalition have partnered to create a comprehensive paid fellowship program for Black-identifying college undergraduate juniors, seniors, recent college graduates and early career professionals interested in pursuing a career in theater administration.
Applicants are welcomed from all fields of study, including arts administration, business, marketing, communications, finance, HR, theatre studies and more.
Recognizing the underrepresentation of Black-identifying professionals in the commercial theater industry, this program is dedicated to fostering and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, access and inclusion while providing an invaluable, in-depth education in the business of commercial theater.
The inaugural semester launched in January 2022.
Fourteen-week, paid fellowships provide undergraduate/postgraduate students with an opportunity to develop the job skills, broaden understanding and network connections necessary to begin a professional career in the commercial theater industry.
BAA is the foremost market leader for live touring theater in North America. With a presence in 48 regional markets, BAA is the leading presenter of touring Broadway, supported by a 4 million name database of ticket buyers and more than 475,000 subscribers across the United States and Canada.
BAA is part of the John Gore Organization family of companies, which includes Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com, Group Sales Box Office and Broadway Brands.
Led by 20-time Tony-winning theater producer John Gore (Owner & CEO), BAA’s presentations include Disney’s The Lion King, Wicked, The Book of Mormon and Hamilton. Current and past productions include Ain’t Too Proud, Beautiful, Cats, Chicago, Dear Evan Hansen, Mean Girls, Moulin Rouge! and To Kill A Mockingbird.
Benefits of Black Theatre Coalition Broadway Across America Fellowship 2023
- 14-week program, Spring Semester annually
- Part-time (20 hours/wk), in-person with some remote work possible
- Intended for undergrad juniors, seniors, graduate students, recent college grads and early career professionals
- Comprehensive curriculum in business of touring Broadway
- Job duties in variety of arts administration roles
- Program culminates in a 4-day trip to NYC for networking, seminars and shows
- Fellowship locations include NYC, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Cincinnati, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Louisville, Minneapolis, Ottawa, Seattle, Salt Lake City
Requirements for Black Theatre Coalition Broadway Across America Fellowship 2023
Fellowships are intended for Black-identifying students who are current undergraduate juniors/seniors, graduate students, recent graduates and early career professionals interested in pursuing a career in the business of entertainment.
Fellowship Position Summary
Fellowship program participants will learn many aspects of theater business, marketing and administration, specifically in regard to commercial touring theater. Fellows will have tasks related to the strategy and tactical implementation of presenting touring Broadway shows in Broadway Across America markets, while also attending team meetings and shadowing professionals.
Duties below will be complemented by a weekly Fellowship seminar teaching a curriculum of the fundamentals of BAA’s business and strategy, as well as an individual final project.
Fellows will travel to New York City for a week in April for seminars, networking events and to see Broadway shows (expenses paid by program.)
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
• Assisting local staff on Broadway tour opening nights
• Accompanying performers for press interviews
• Researching and contacting new sales leads, social media influencers, and top fans
• Assisting in general marketing, social media and PR strategy
• Assist with ad approvals
• Assist in data and research projects
• Staff outreach events like fairs and festivals
• Administrative duties and general office tasks
• Researching and organizing financial and production history
How to Apply
Click Here to apply!
Application Deadline for Black Theatre Coalition Broadway Across America Fellowship 2023
September 20, 2023.
BOOKMARK GHANAEDUCATION.ORG FOR MORE!