This lesson contains SHS1 Integrated Science tips, questions, and answers on the Diversity of living and non-living things. The facts and titbits are as follows.
Diversity of living and non-living things Section 1
- Everything in our environment can be classified as a living thing and….. Non-living things.
- living-things or organisms in our environment are made up of plants and …animals
- Living things have life and they are made up of ….cells
- Non-living things have no life and they are made up of …..particles
- Examples of living things are ….man, fowls, tress, horse, cows, goat, etc
- Examples of non-living things are…stone, water, soil, table, pens, books, chair, etc
- Living things have enormous diversity in terms of their…size, place of living, way of life, body shape, mode of feeding, etc.
- One basic thing common to all living things is that they are all made up of cells and hence they have…life.
- One basic thing common to all non-living things is that they are all made up of particles and hence do not have …life.
- Living things have life and as such are able to carry out the life… process.
Diversity of living and non-living things Section 2
- Non-living things do not have life and as such are unable to carry out the life ….processes.
- Give four examples of plants …mango tree, fern, orange tree, moss, cocoa tree, coconut tree, etc
- Give four examples of animals ..goat, horse, fowl, man, dog, sheep, lion, birds, etc
- There are certain characteristic processes that all livings or organisms carry out whether they are plants or animals and this is called…living or life processes (characteristics of living things)
- List the life process that differentiates living things from non-living things…movement, respiration, sensitivity (irritability), growth, reproduction, excretion, nutrition (feeding)
- The life processes are also known as…life activities
- The act of moving the body or part of the body from one place to another is termed…movement.
- Movement involving the whole organism moving from one place to another is called …locomotion.
- Movement in animals include…walking, flying, running, swimming, lifting the arm, hopping, etc
- Give four reasons why animals undergo movement:
-to find food and water -to find shelter
– to escape from danger – to find a mate
– to avoid an unfavourable condition
Post Publications || Join us on Whatsapp || Post Disclaimer
SEND A STORY: Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them via our email [email protected]
DOWNLOAD OUR>>> MOBILE APP
JOIN OUR EDUCATION NEW GROUPS (WHATSAPP)
Join one of our Whatsapp/Telegram Groups for current Ghana Education Service News Updates:
JOIN ONLY ONE... THANKS
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Group 1 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 6 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 3 >>New Group> [JOIN]
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Only websites that give us a URL backlink can repost our content on their sites.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by GhanaEducation.Org and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.