The Ghana Education Service(GES) has announced the opening of the 2023 School Selection portal for 2023 BECE school and private candidates.
According to the Ghana Education Service, the portal will be opened by WAEC to enable candidates select their schools for 2023 placement. This exercise will take place from Tuesday, 3rd October, 2023 and Tuesday, 24th October, 2023.
Here, candidates who took part of the 2023 BECE(Private), also known as BECE NovDec, should visit https://www.waecinternetsolution.org to select their schools. Candidates would need their student ID number, date of birth to log in.
According to the Ghana Education Service, there will be no extension of date.
GES Announces Opening Of 2023 School Selection Portal
Below is the full letter from the Ghana Education Service
Management of the Ghana Education Service wishes to inform you that the School Selection Portal opened by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) for both BECE 2023 School and Private Candidates to enable them select their schools online for 2023 placement.
The exercise commences from 3rd to 24th October, 2023.
Private BECE Candidates are to visit https://www.waecinternetsolution.org to select their Second Cycle Schools using their Index Number and Date of Birth as Login ID and Password respectively.
By this letter, Regional Directors are kindly requested to communicate this information to the Metro/Municipal/District Directors of Education to ensure effective supervision and monitoring for a successful completion of the exercise within the stipulated time.
2023 BECE Grading System.
The BECE Grading system has been designed in a way that there is nothing like ‘Fail’ on the result slip of candidates. Unlike the WASSCE which shows ‘FAIL’ for marks less than 35, BECE shows LOWEST grade. This clearly means that there is nothing like fail in BECE.
Below is the grading system for the 2033 BECE.
- 90-100 is graded as 1. It is the HIGHEST grade in the grading system.
- 80-89, the second category in this classification is graded as 2, GRADE A. it is denoted as HIGHER.
- 70-79, is grade 3, a B+ and is described as HIGH.
- 60 -69 is grade 4, GRADE B, described as HIGH AVERAGE.
- 55 – 60 is GRADE C+, classified as 5 and described as AVERAGE.
- LOW AVERAGE is a description of marks falling between 50-54 and GRADE C; number 6 in the grading system.
- Any mark ranging between 40-49 is considered as GRADE D+ and number 7; described as LOW
- 35-39 is GRADE E which is number 8, described as LOWER in the Stanine grading system.
- GRADE F, 9 characterized by 9 is the LOWEST grade, which falls between 0-34