The National Teaching Council (NTC) has commenced the tertiary graduates indexing phase for the 2023 GTLE registration.
This process will aid the NTC to acquire the full details of all present and graduate students from the various Colleges of Education and Universities.
How to get the NTC indexing number
1. Dial *772*51# and follow the prompt to pay the approved fee of GHC50 as an indexing fee. However, you can also get this paid by visiting the Prudential Bank Branch near you.
2. Once the payment is successful, an email will be sent to your phone number. The SMS you receive will contain your assigned indexing number. However, when a student pays for the indexing but does not receive the number, he or she can use the transaction number indicated on your payment receipt.
3. Go to https://indexing.ntc.gov.gh to verify and update your details.
4. On the webpage, Click here to check if your details have been uploaded onto the platform.
On the page, click on the Red Button [Check Confirmation Status] and submit
5. If you have lost the Index number, go to the home page here and enter the details required then submit
On the page, click on the Blue Button [Check Your Indexing Number] and submit.
You are required to keep your indexing number safe, since it will be used for GTLE registration.
How to keep your indexing number safe
- Save it as a phone number on your phone.
- Screenshot and save on your phone
- Screenshot or send a copy to your email
- Copy and paste it on an MS Word page and print it.
- Write and keep it safe, then keep it in your fill where you keep your certificates.
The National Teaching Council is indexing all the Teachers in the country. It is now required that one must have at least a degree qualification before he/she can be licensed as a professional teacher. The indexing entails the collection of the details of all students in the Colleges of Education and universities to generate specific codes for them to easily access the NTC online resources.
In this regard, the NTC shall send SMS messages through the mobile number provided by trainees to their colleges. The SMS bears their Name, Code and a link to the NTC Indexing website. Candidates are expected to open the link and fill in the necessary requirements as may be needed.
Candidates who are not indexed will not be allowed to sit for the licensure examination. From this year, NTC intends to implement the indexing fee of 50 Ghana cedis per student as approved by Parliament under fees and charges.
Also, a candidate who may not receive their messages or cannot pay at the bank should contact his/her college authorities to confirm whether their information has been sent to the NTC.