In this write up I will help applicants on How to Write a Cover Letter for Scholarship. You will frequently be required to submit a cover letter along with your scholarship application by the scholarship selection committee. You should be specific about how the scholarship will help you accomplish your academic and professional goals when writing a cover letter for a scholarship.
You should take your scholarship letter of interest seriously because it is one of your best chances to differentiate yourself from other applicants. The following paragraphs will explain how to write a simple scholarship application letter. The best cover letter for a scholarship application can be found in this letter, which can stand out among those of other applicants.
- What is a scholarship cover letter?
- Parts of a CL for scholarship
- TIPS: What to do when writing a CL for scholarship application
- TIPS: What not to do when writing a CL for scholarship application
- Letter formatting for a scholarship CL
- Sample CL for scholarship application
- Other sample examples of CL for scholarship application
What is a scholarship Cover Letter?
The chance to express themselves and provide specifics about their qualifications and goals is provided by the cover letter for a scholarship application, which is an important and useful document.
A scholarship proposal letter should outline why you are a strong candidate for the award because the selection committee is looking for students who are the best fit to receive it. Make sure they comprehend why they should pick you.
There are many candidates for scholarships who have stellar academic records and fit the bill. When selecting their preferred applicant for the award, many scholarship selection committees consider factors other than grades.
Parts of a Cover Letter for Scholarship
- Personal information
- Salutation and opening paragraph
- Body paragraph(s)
- Closing paragraph
You can do this with a simple “sincerely / best regards”, your full name and signature.
TIPS: Dos When Writing
- Be polite and honest
- Keep your letter concise
- Attach necessary documents
- Submit your request on time
- Go by the book
TIPS: What Not to Do
- Do not neglect your achievements
- Do not show arrogance
- Do not generalize your address
- Don’t be in a haste to submit your letter
- Avoid unnecessary complaints
Format for a Scholarship Cover Letter
A scholarship CL’s format and organisation are just as crucial as its content. This calls for a readable and aesthetically pleasing letter. Therefore, the recipient’s attention can only be captured by a strong scholarship cover letter format.
- Maximum number of pages should not exceed one and a half
- Set one inch margin on all sides
- All texts should be aligned to the left (pleasing to the eye)
- Line spacing is 1 or 1. 5 inch
- Double spacing between the paragraphs
- Use fonts like Calibri, Arial and Times New Roman
- Send cover letter in a PDF format
Sample Cover Letter for Scholarship Application
We know you might need a scholarship CL maker or a good sample cover letter for a scholarship application to help you when you’re writing your own, which is why we’ve included one in this section.
Here is an eye-catching scholarship CL template that is a good example for undergrad and masters’ application as well as a good sample of a CL for PhD scholarship. It provides a proper demonstration of how to write a good scholarship cover letter.
5th April, 2000.
Edmonton, F6 D93E BE3.
RE: Scholarship Application
I am writing to submit my application for the Scholarship Program at Concordia University College of Alberta for the fall of 2022. Currently, I am a first-year student pursuing a Master of Computer Science degree. As evidence of my dedication, I have included copies of my academic achievements.
Presently, I am experiencing financial difficulties that have made it challenging for me to pay my fees for the upcoming fall semester. While I plan to seek part-time employment to contribute towards my educational expenses, it would not be sufficient to cover the full costs of tuition and accommodation. Considering my disadvantaged financial situation, I kindly request your consideration for a student scholarship. This support would greatly assist me in continuing my studies with the hope of an improved financial circumstance in the future.
If you have any inquiries or require additional information regarding my application, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time using the provided contact number, (000) 555-0335.
Thank you for dedicating your time and consideration to my application. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity.
Cover Letter Template Scholarship PDF
- Download CL for fellowship application pdf
- Download student loan appeal letter sample pdf
- Download CL for university scholarship pdf
- Download CL for phd scholarship sample pdf
- Download CL for master degree scholarship pdf