Forms for applicants to undergraduate degree programs at KNUST for the academic year 2023–2024 are officially available from the university’s administration.
For the benefit of upcoming Applicants (as noted above) and the public, it is announced that application e-vouchers to Degree/Top-Up programs of study at the University for the 2023/2024 Academic Year are currently available for purchase.
Eligible applicants include those with exam results as of the application deadline and those who will take the WASSCE in August or September 2023.
The following applicants are eligible to purchase an E-Voucher for the online application:
Holders of the WASSCE/SSSCE who have earned credit passes in all three (3) core subjects—English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science—as well as three (3) elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or higher in the pertinent Area of Study.
Holders of the GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) who have earned passes in any three elective subjects and three compulsory subjects, including English language and mathematics.
HIGHER LEVEL holders of GCE ‘O’ Level credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English language and mathematics, along with at least three (3) passes in the pertinent Advanced Level courses.
Holders of the ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) with passes in three compulsory subjects and three optional subjects pertinent to the program of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of the ACCA, ICA, Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), or Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at the WASSCE/SSSCE in three (3) core subjects and credits in three (3) elective subjects.
MATURE STUDENTS who, at the time of application, were 25 years of age or older, had earned credits in five (5) GCE “O” Level subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, and had successfully completed an entrance exam and/or interview.
Holders of the WASSCE or SSSCE with credits in the following three (3) Core Subjects (A1-C6/A-D, respectively) With an aggregate score of 24 or higher in the pertinent Area of Study, you must have English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science in addition to three elective credits (A1-C6/A-D).
Application Processing Fee:
- GHANAIAN APPLICANTS – GH¢ 250.00.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS – USD 150.00
Ghanaian applicants must purchase the e-voucher from the Ghana Post Offices, or they must dial *447*160# on all networks and follow the instructions.
TWO (2) COPIES OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND OTHER IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE APPLICANT.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO CREATE AN E-VOUCHER FROM THE UNIVERSITY’S ADMISSION PORTAL (HERE!) AND COMPLY WITH THE REQUIRED PROCEDURE.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA, BY POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX). Tuesday, October 31, 2023, OR EARLIER.
However, mature applicants must submit their applications by Friday, October 29, 2023.
Applications that are HAND DELIVERED will not be processed.
Applications that are incomplete or incorrect when submitted will not be processed or taken into consideration.
Applicants should take note of these;
The following is important information for applicants:
- The university will only recognize names that are written on the examination slip(s).
- Only information supplied by applicants at the time of application submission, including results and/or documents, will be taken into account.
- Candidates who have not yet received their results must attach photocopies of their results slips and/or pertinent certificates to their application forms.
- An officially certified copy of the applicant’s birth certificate must be included.
- One passport-sized photograph with a light green background must be submitted by the applicant.
- The applicant will be refused admission if they do not properly input their exam information (such as their Index number and exam year) online.
- The Central Undergraduate Admissions Committee transparently manages admissions to all programs of study at the university without any other considerations or solicitations.
- Any applicant who engages in any form of solicitation to an individual or group of individuals in an effort to persuade them to grant them admission to the university does so at his or her own peril.
- The University’s website, https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/, must be visited by all applicants in order to complete the online application process. For this, applicants must use the login information and pin listed on the e-voucher.