The National Teaching Council(NTC) has revised its fees for Teacher License Card, Renewal and Registration.
In a recent update from the National Teachers Council NTC, a new fee structure has been approved and teachers are therefore expected to be notified by the recent update. In total accumulation, the total amount of money released is 350 Ghana Cedis. The National Teaching Council went further and gave a breakdown of the total amount of money as given below
NTC New Fees For Teacher License Card, Renewal And Registration
“I write to respectfully inform you that the National Teaching Council is, from this year 2023, implementing fully the fees as approved by the Parliament of the Republic of Ghana.
The National Teaching Council is authorized by the Fee and Charges (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2022 to levy its clientele to support its regulatory functions.
1. Licence card – GH¢ 200.00
2. Renewal of licence – GH¢100.00
3. Registration of teachers – GH¢ 50.00
You are therefore requested to bring this to the attention of your employees”.- NTC sends A message to all teachers
The National Teaching Council (NTC) is an agency of the Ministry of Education mandated by the Education Regulatory Bodies Act, 2020 (Act 1023) to promote teacher professionalism in Ghana..
KEY MANDATE OF NTC
1. License and Register teachers
2. Keep up-to-date database of teachers
3. Develop and periodically review professional standards and code of ethics.
4. Conduct teacher Licensure Examination
5. Provide framework for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of teachers.
It is also the function of the NTC to;
- Conduct examination for the licensing of persons who successfully complete teacher education programmes;
- Issue license to persons who pass the examination conducted by the Council in accordance with paragraph
- Register teachers who satisfy the conditions for the issue of the appropriate license;
- Keep and maintain a register of duly qualified teachers;
- Develop code of ethics and professional practice for the teaching profession;
- Accredit, in collaboration with relevant agencies, institutions offering teacher education and development programmes;
- Subject to the approval by the Board, issue temporary certification to persons who without the requisite teacher education, desire to teach