Do you have the ambition to study abroad on a study scholarship for your Master’s? Take advantage of this opportunity and secure a scholarship for any programme of your choice in Germany.
Objective of this Study Scholarships for Master Studies
This scholarship programme offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
Who can apply for the Study Scholarships for Master Studies?
- Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diplom or comparable academic degree) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programmes.
What can be funded?
The Study Scholarships for Master Studies can fund the following
- Participation in a postgraduate programme after a first undergraduate course of study for the purpose of technical or scientific specialisation
- Specifically, the following is supported:
a postgraduate or Master’s degree programme completed at a state or state-recognised university in Germany
the first or second year of study at a state or state-recognised German university as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree programme completed in the home country or in another foreign country; recognition of the academic achievements rendered in Germany must be guaranteed. The standard period of study of the postgraduate or Master’s degree programme should not be exceeded as a result of the study year in Germany.
Duration of the funding for the Study Scholarships for Master Studies
For a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in Germany:
- between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first academic year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master’s programme at the time of their application may apply for a scholarship for the second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
For a study period in Germany as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in a foreign country:
- usually one academic year (two semester); an extension is not possible.
The scholarship usually begins on 1st October, or earlier if the student takes a language course prior to the study programme.
- Scholarship payments of 861 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the study programme is taught in German.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews applications.
Academic qualification (documented by: certificates, reference, curriculum vitae, language certificate):
- Academic achievements and duration of studies
Quality of the study project (documented by: letter of motivation, information about the preferred Master’s programme, reference, proof of language proficiency, if applicable, letter of admission from the German host university):
- Quality of project presentation and preparation (preliminary information, contact with host institution)
- Reasons for choosing Germany (academic and personal reasons for the planned study project, choice of the host institution)
- Integration of the stay in the academic career and the connection with academic or professional perspectives
Additional criteria (documented by: curriculum vitae, if applicable, certificates):
- Additional knowledge and skills (e.g. through professional or voluntary activities, further training)
- Involvement in academic self-governance, higher education policy issues
- Political, social, cultural, family (parental leave or care periods, etc.), social commitment
For further information on the selection procedure, please refer to the Important Scholarship Information / Section E.
Are you ready to apply for the Study Scholarships for Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines?
To apply for this scholarship go here >>> DAAD Scholarship
Post Publications || Join us on Whatsapp || Post Disclaimer
SEND A STORY: Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them via our email [email protected]
DOWNLOAD OUR>>> MOBILE APP
JOIN OUR EDUCATION NEW GROUPS (WHATSAPP)
Join one of our Whatsapp/Telegram Groups for current Ghana Education Service News Updates:
JOIN ONLY ONE... THANKS
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Group 1 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 6 >>New Group> [JOIN]
Group 3 >>New Group> [JOIN]
TELEGRAM PAGE >>> [JOIN]
Only websites that give us a URL backlink can repost our content on their sites.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by GhanaEducation.Org and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.