The English Language paper for the 2023 WASSCE will be written today, 7th September 2023. Here are some sample composition questions for the English Language paper.
The English Language paper will be in two sessions, the paper 2 (essay) and paper 1 (objectives). Both papers will be written at a sitting, that means, there will be no break or recess.
The time allocated for the whole English Language paper is three (3) hours, 2 hours for the essay part or the paper two with paper code SC3022 and 1 hour for the paper 1 with paper code SC3021.
The paper 2 of the English Language will be in three sections, the composition part, comprehension part, and the summary part. The English paper starts exactly at 8:30 am and ends at 11:30am.
Below, you will find some sample composition questions for the English Language paper for the 2023 WASSCE.
1. You are the principal speaker of an ongoing debate on the motion: “Single gender schools perform better than mixed schools in Ghana”. Write your argument for or against the motion.
2. You have been elected as the new dining hall prefect in your school. Write a letter to your friend in another school, telling him at least four things you will do to help your school.
3. Write a story that illustrates the saying: “A stitch in time saves nine”
4. As the protocol prefect of your school, write a letter to the Old Students Association of your school, stating at least three challenges in your school and asking for their support to solve the situation.
5. Write an article suitable for publication on the consequences of disobeying school rules and regulations.
Candidates are instructed to choose only one question from the five composition questions provided. The essay should be about 450 words long.
The time allocated is not enough, hence, candidates are advised to spend not more than 50 minutes on the essay.
READ ALSO: NTC Releases 2023 GTLE 2 Timetable