Ghana Education News| August 2021| 2021 Teacher Prize teaching category nominees released by the National Teaching Council.
Following the announcement of the nominees for the teaching category for the upcoming three-day event set for October 3 to 5, the National Teaching Council (NTC) has released the nominees for the teaching category.
In a post seen by Ghanaeducation.org, the Registrar of the Council, Dr Christian Addai Poku, stated that the 2021 edition of the Ghana Teacher Prize awards event will be hosted in Sunyani, the capital of the Bono Region.
The theme for this year’s GTP event is “Teachers wanted: Reclaiming teaching and learning for human-centered recovery,” he said, adding that President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo will be the special special guest.
2021 Teacher Prize nominees
Below are the 2021 Teacher Prize teaching category nominees for the teaching category.
1. Jusinta Kwakyewaa (Rev. Sr.) is a Clothing and Textiles teacher at ST. Francis Senior High Technical School, Akim Oda in Birim Central Municipal in the Eastern region.
2. Philip Boateng Opoku is a Mathematics and Science teacher at Suhum M/A EXP. ‘C’ Junior High School, Suhum in the Suhum Municipal in the Eastern region.
3. Shadrach Kojo Dampson is an Information Communication Technology teacher at Ahenkro Methodist Basic School, Ahenkro in the Assin South District in the Central region.
4. Edward Arthur is an Integrated Science teacher at Assin Ahyiresu Donkorkrom M/A Basic School, Assin Fosu in the Assin North District in the Central region.
5. Ebenezer Kojo Otoo is a Ceramic and General Knowlege in Art teacher at Winneba Senior High School, Winneba in the Efutu Municipal in the Central region.
6. Hellen Tanlugu is a Kindergarten teacher at Tutco Demonstration Basic School, Tumu in the Sissala East Municipal in the Upper West region.
7. Victor Amponsah is an English Language teacher at Nsawkaw State Senior High School, Nsawkaw in the Tain District in the Bono region.
8. Solomon Obeng is an Information Communication Technology teacher at Asesansu M/A Junior High School, Wasa Akropong in the Wasa Amefi East municipal in the Western region.
9. Bismark Kwame Tunu teaches Chemistry at Bosomtwe Senior High Technical School, Asiwa in the Bosome Freho District in the Ashanti region.
10. Anthony Agbanyo is a Biology teacher at Akatsi Senior High Technical School, Akatsi in the Akatsi South District in the Volta region.
11. Theresah Okyere is an English Language teacher at Ankaa M/A Basic School, Assin Foso in the Assin North District in the Central region.
12. Michael Ntori is a Class teacher at Domeabra M/A Primary School, Sefwi Domeabra in the Sefwi Wiawso District in the Western North region.
13. Godfred Daniel Amonoo is a Building Construction Technology teacher at Cape Coast Technical Institute, Cape Coast in the Cape Coast Metropolis in the Central region.
14. Nelson Saviour Kwashie is an English Language and Literature-in-English teacher at Awutu Winton Senior High School, Awutu Senya in the Awutu Senya District in the Central region.
15. Daniel Dzigbordi Dzathor is an Economics teacher at Wesley Girls’ High School, Cape Coast in the Cape Coast Metropolis in the Central region.
Non-Teaching Category of the 2021 Teacher Prize
1. Belinda Agyeman is a Principal Domestic Bursar at Nkwatia Presby Senior High, Nkwatia in the Kwahu East District in the Eastern Region.
2. Maxwell Martey Benrich is Accountant at Presbyterian Senior High School, Begoro in the Fanteakwa North District in the Eastern Region.
3. Mary Donkor is a Chief Cook at Dzorwulu Special School, Achimota in the Awayaso West District in the Greater Accra Region
4. Bright Hunter Ananjongya is an ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER at Bawku Senior High/Technical School, Bawku in the Bawku Municipal in the Upper East region.
5. Elizabeth Dzator is a Secretary at Yilo Krobo Senior High School, Somanya in the Yilo Krobo District in the Eastern Region.