On November 25th, the Ghanaian early childhood education community gathered to celebrate the outstanding achievements of its educators and organizations at the 2023 Early Childhood Education Awards. This prestigious event, held annually, recognizes the individuals and institutions that are making a significant impact on the lives of young children across the country.
This year’s awards ceremony was particularly noteworthy as it shone a spotlight on the crucial role of early childhood education in shaping the future of Ghana. Early childhood education is widely recognized as a critical foundation for lifelong learning and success, and the awards served to underscore the dedication and commitment of those working in this vital field.
Celebrating Excellence in Early Childhood Education: The 2023 Early Childhood Education Awards
Here are the details for Forum:
- Date: November 25, 2023
- Time: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Location: C.I.B.T NEAR GNAT HALL
- Cost: Free
Awards Presentation Schedule:
First Category of Awards (3:00 PM – 3:45 PM):
- Words from the Awards Committee (3:00 PM – 3:10 PM)
- Educator of the Year Female Category (3:15 PM – 3:20 PM)
- Educator of the Year Male Category (3:20 PM – 3:25 PM)
- Nursery Facilitator of the Year Category (3:25 PM – 3:30 PM)
- KG Facilitator of the Year Category (3:35 PM – 3:45 PM)
Second Category of Awards (3:50 PM – 4:50 PM):
- School Manager of the Year (3:50 PM – 3:55 PM)
- Proprietor of the Year (3:55 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Proprietress of the Year (4:00 PM – 4:05 PM)
- Early Child Development Centre of the Year (4:10 PM – 4:15 PM)
- Outstanding Educator of the Year (4:15 PM – 4:20 PM)
- N.G.O of the Year Category (4:20 PM – 4:25 PM)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (4:25 PM – 4:35 PM)
- Honorary Awards (4:35 PM – 4:40 PM)
- Special Honor (4:40 PM – 4:50 PM)
The ceremony will commence with an inspiring keynote address by Prof. Victoria Ihekerenma Iroegbu of Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria, who is expected to speak on the importance of nurturing the potential of young children through holistic and culturally sensitive approaches. This will be followed by thought-provoking presentations from Mr. Kofi Asare, Executive Director of Africa Education Watch, and Mr. Ekow Sampson, Deputy Chief Executive/Operations of the Ghana Tourism Authority, who wil explore the intersections of early childhood education with broader societal issues such as education policy and tourism promotion.
The highlight of the event will be the presentation of awards in a variety of categories, honouring educators, schools, and organizations that have demonstrated exceptional contributions to early childhood education.
The 2023 Early Childhood Education Awards served as a powerful testament to the unwavering commitment of the Ghanaian early childhood education community to providing high-quality learning experiences for young children. By recognizing and celebrating the achievements of educators, schools, and organizations, the awards inspire continued innovation and excellence in this vital field. As Ghana strives to build a brighter future for its children, early childhood education will undoubtedly play a pivotal role, and the 2023 Early Childhood Education Awards have served as a beacon of hope and inspiration for the journey ahead.