The 2023 Teacher Licensure Examination(NTC Exams) will begin on 13th September, 2023. Here are some likely Picture Making questions and answers
1. What is the definition of picture-making in art?
A. The process of creating a physical sculpture from raw materials.
B. The process of capturing a visual image using a camera or other photographic equipment.
C. The process of using available media and tools to create visual images within a given space
D. The process of creating a 3D digital model using computer software.
2. Which of the following is NOT a benefit of using picture-making in teaching? It ……
A. encourages creativity and self-expression.
B. facilitates understanding of complex concepts and relationships.
C. supports memory retention by providing visual cues.
D. limits students’ ability to express themselves and communicate effectively……..
3. A form of drawing that involves using a pointed tool to scratch lines onto a surface that has been coated with a waxy substance is called….
A. pastel drawing
B. pen and ink drawing
C. sgraffito drawing……
D. conté drawing
4. Which of the following is a sequential art period from history to date?
A. Renaissance, Impressionism, Expressionism, Realism, Modernism.
B. Renaissance, Impressionism, Realism, Expressionism, Modernism.
C. Renaissance, Expressionism, Impressionism, Realism, Modernism.
D. Renaissance, Realism, Impressionism, Expressionism, Modernism
5. What differences exist between a curator and a cartoonist?
A. A curator works with a client to create aesthetic rooms and spaces while a cartoonist creates animated cartoons.
B. A curator is a specialist in analyzing works of art while a cartoonist evaluates works of art.
C. A curator interprets works of art in an art gallery while a cartoonist creates animated cartoons manually or on a computer.
D. A curator interprets works of art in an art gallery while a cartoonist creates animated cartoons manually or on a computer
6. A graffiti artist has been creating illegal street art for years and has gained a large following on social media. He is now considering transitioning to creating legal murals and artwork. What is the most important thing for the artist to consider in making this transition?
A. The potential financial benefits of creating legal artwork.
B. The legal and ethical implications of transitioning from illegal to legal artwork.
C. The potential impact on their artistic style and vision.
D. The opinions of their existing fan base and how they may react to the transition.
7. What is the purpose of chiaroscuro in a painting?
A. To create a sense of depth and volume by using light and shadow
B. To add texture to the surface of the painting
C. To create a sense of motion and movement
D. To create a sense of balance and symmetry in the composition
8. In a drawing lesson, Mr Boamah asked his students to use H and HB pencils for fine and light lines because they produce lighter shades. He then advised his students to use B-grade pencils for shading because they are
A. Hard and produce darker shades
B. Soft and produce darker shades
C. Hard and produce lighter shades
D. Soft and produce lighter shades
9. Kingsley, an artist who produces artworks, indicated, “I have been producing these artefacts for many years, but people do not purchase my products”. Which of the following must Kingsley do to determine an effective market for his product?
A. Market survey.
C. Market watch
10. The difference between differentiation and discrimination pricing strategies for marketing picture-making products is that ……
A. differentiation is applied when selling a painting to rich people whilst discrimination is applied when selling paintings to poor people.
B. differentiation strategy allows business owners set products apart from competitors whilst discrimination targets selling paintings to people according to their income levels.
C. differentiation is mostly applied when selling new paintings whilst discrimination is applied when selling old paintings
D. differentiation strategy is expensive but brings more profit whilst discrimination is cheap and can make the artist run at loss.
4. C and D