The 2023 Teacher Licensure Examination(NTC Exams) will begin on 13th September, 2023. Here are some likely Textiles questions and Answers
1. The technique of putting many long yarns together to form the yarns that run lengthwise in a woven fabric is called.…
2. Tabby weave can also be referred to as
A. plain weave
B. pile weave
C. sateen weave
D. twill weave
3. Textile teachers’ portfolios differ from one another because of the following reasons EXCEPT…
A. the goal of the teachers
B. the teachers’ environment
C. the type of certificate the teachers have
D. the size of the portfolios
4. Which of the following is NOT the use of a portfolio?
A. student assessment
B. displaying the learning process
C. keeping only the CV of a student
D. showcasing a student’s best work
5. Find out the hank of the lap when the weight of the lap is 14 oz/yds
A. 0.00136 hank.
B. 0.00137 hank
C. 0.00138 hank
D. 0.00139 hank
6. In the textile industry, the supervisor observes that the yarn has Z twist if the fibre is inclined to the axis of the yarn. Which angle of twist will be formed when it is held in a vertical position inclined to the axis?
7. Silk is a fine continuous strand from a cocoon of a moth caterpillar characterized by the following behaviours EXCEPT
9. Mr Yahaya is a renowned tie-and-dye specialist. He is noted for using natural dyes in producing patterns on fabrics and his goods are on the market for sale. However, customers do not purchase his products because of the use of Natural dyes. As a textiles teacher, which of the following will not be a challenge associated with the use of natural dyes?
A. Natural dyes have poor affinity with synthetic fabrics
B. bleed when mordants are not mixed well with them
C. poor extraction processing
D. poor lustre on fabrics….
9. During the mixing of dyes, the school Headmaster came around to motivate the participants and encouraged them to learn well. Immediately after the Headmaster left the studio, he was spotted vomiting after sensing a bad scent of a rotten egg in the studio. After recovering from the pain, the Headmaster asked one of the students to explain to him the source of the bad scent at the studio. Which of the following will be true in the student’s explanation for the Headmaster?
A. The participating students had bad body odour.
B. The potency of the hydros chemical mixed with synthetic dyes in the solution should possess a rotten egg smell
C. The dye and the mordant had a rotten smell when expired.
D. The fabrics for dyeing were too dumped and needed to be dried before use.
10. A textile student took an assignment to extract dye from a mongo tree and use it for dyeing a T-shirt. The student underwent all the extraction processes including cutting, drying, pounding, grinding and boiling. After the dyeing stage, the student realised that the effect of the dye was not deep on the T-shirt. Which of the following best explains why there was poor deepness of the dye on the T-shirt?
A. The part extracted from the Mango tree was not enough.
B. The Mango tree was too old.
C. The boiling stage was insufficient and ineffective for dye saturation
D. The pounding stage was insufficient and ineffective for dye saturation.