Are you considering doing your master’s in nursing education after your Bachelor’s degree in nursing? Then continue to read this article as I take you through the steps on how to choose the best master’s in nursing education programme.
If you decide to return to school to continue your master’s degree in nursing education programme, there might be difficulties on the programme to specialize in.
With a master’s degree in nursing education, there are numerous programmes that one can specialize in. Each of these programmes have their advantages and disadvantages.
In this context, I will take you through all the steps in order to choose the best master’s programme in nursing education.
Available Programmes To Specialize In
Before you proceed to select a programme for your master’s in nursing education, you need to find out some of the available programmes in order to select the right one that suits your career path.
Below, are some of the popular programmes one can read;
- Nurse practitioner
- Occupational health nurse
- Family nurse practitioner
- Nursing administrator
- Adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner
- Nurse anaesthetist
- Women’s health nurse practitioner
- Primary care nurse practitioner
- Nurse midwifery
You can find more of the available programmes here.
What Are The Requirements?
Before you, again, proceed in selecting a programme to specialize in your master’s in nursing education, you need to know some of the general requirements.
Each programme have their own requirements. Below, are some of the general requirements;
1. You must have a registered and valid nurse licence
2. Have a GPA of about 3.0 (minimum)
3. Have at least a year experience
4. Hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution
5. Have at least three references
6. Transcripts and English Language Proficiency. (The English Language Proficiency is not a must)
7. Must have course credit hours from 44 to 48
8. Must have a certain number of hours in clinical trials
Duration Of The Master’s Programme
Before you select the programme of your choice for your master’s degree in nursing education, make sure to consider the duration and the time of work. You need to select programmes that can balance with your personal life (if you are working and schooling at the same time).
How To Choose The Best Masters in Nursing Education Programme
There are numerous factors to consider when choosing a programme for your master’s in nursing education. Also, you need to ask yourself some questions, and if the answers suits or satisfies you, then proceed to choose your desired programme.
Some of these questions are;
1. Do I need to take tests? And what are these tests?
2. How broad is the course curriculum?
3. What is the deadline for this programme?
4. Will they require an experience to accept me?
5. Will I be required to complete some clinical hours?
6. What are the job prospects after graduating with this particular programme?
7. Will I even get a job after graduating?
8. Will my salary be able to sustain me and my dependents?
If you ask yourself these questions often before proceeding to select a programme for your master’s, then you should know the right programme to choose.
Additionally, you need to access yourself academically and sociably as well. Before you rush to select a programme for your master’s degree in nursing education, you need to also know the following;
1. The minimum GPA required to select you
2. The credit hours for the programme (semester based)
3. Does the programme require any prerequisite?
4. Will the programme be complex or simple?
5. Will it be full time or part-time?
There are more and more questions one can ask before choosing a programme for his or her master’s degree in nursing education.
There are more job prospects for each programme. You can find some here.