The leadership of the Ghana Police Service on Tuesday 19th September 2023, paid a visit to the pupils and staff of St. John the Evangelist Catholic School, Adenta, Accra, as part of the “Snatch Them Young Policing Initiative dubbed STYPI.”
There are many reasons why children need to know more about the Ghana Police.
- Safety: The Ghana Police are responsible for protecting the public, including children. By knowing more about the police, children can learn how to stay safe in different situations. For example, children can learn how to call the police in an emergency, how to report a crime, and how to stay safe when they are alone.
- Trust: The police are often the first responders to emergency situations. By knowing more about the police, children can develop trust in them and feel more comfortable calling them for help if needed.
- Respect: The police are an important part of the community. By knowing more about the police, children can learn to respect them and the work that they do.
Here are some specific things that children can learn about the Ghana Police:
- What the police do and how they protect the public
- How to call the police in an emergency
- How to report a crime
- How to stay safe when they are alone
- The different types of police officers and their jobs
- The police’s role in the community
- The police’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
There are many ways to teach children about the Ghana Police. Parents can talk to their children about the police, watch educational videos with them, or take them on a field trip to a police station. Children can also learn about the police through school programs, community events, and books.
It is important to teach children about the Ghana Police in a positive and constructive way. Children should learn that the police are there to help them and that they can trust them.