The government announced the return to single track schooling for SHS1 students after 2 years of Gold and Green Tracks. However, a post making rounds on social media purported to have emanated from a meeting between the Director-General of GES and the Conference of Heads of Assisted Secondary Schools (Ghana) (CHASS) suggests Headteachers are to use their discretion to divide SHS1 students into Gold and Green Tracks when students report to school from 18th-21st March 2021.
The first three fallouts relate directly to SHS1 students’ and are as follows:
1. On 18th to 21st March, our first-year students are reporting.
2. They will all report at reopening and later a timetable will come out to differentiate the green from gold.
3. The division of being gold or green is at the discretion of Heads. But should be done immediately after school reopens so there would not be any challenges when the time-table is released.
First-year students who have been placed in one of the 721 secondary schools will start reporting to school on 18th March. They are all expected to report latest by 21st March since academic work starts on 22nd March 2021.
In all, there were 12 Take-Aways From Director General’s Meeting With CHASS. The rest are.
4. All schools that are double-track remain so except those whose names were mentioned in the meeting.
5. There was a meeting held between management and the buffer Stock to impress upon them to do supplies before the students come on Thursday.
6 Plans are advanced to get our students to feed on some local staples like red-red, yam, tz and kokonte and banku and okro soup or with fish.
7. Money Will hit our accounts by the close of the week even though not all.
8. Some schools have started enrolling students who have not come to the schools for admission. Heads are cautioned to desist from that.
9. If you want to repeat students, go through the proper process.
10. Portals are open for the big schools to fill in more protocol admissions. Later, all schools will have their portals open for new protocol admissions.
11. The form 2 green students are going home on Friday or Saturday for day and boarding students, respectively.
12. Form 3 students will report back to school on 5th April 2021.