- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognise achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the African Development Bank (Abidjan), the UN Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa) or the International Trade Centre (Geneva).
About Mo Ibrahim Foundation
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF) is an African foundation, established in 2006 with one focus: the critical importance of governance and leadership in Africa.
It is our belief that governance and leadership lie at the heart of any tangible and shared improvement in the quality of life of African citizens. LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE IN AFRICA Leadership is about making choices, defining priorities, and taking risks.
Benefits of Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program
Requirements for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program Qualification
- National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- Any additional criteria as set by the host.