Ghana Education News > Blog > News > Teacher license card can be used to teach outside Ghana – NTC

Teacher license card can be used to teach outside Ghana – NTC

Teacher license card

The National Teaching Council (NTC) in its latest updates says qualified in-service teachers issued with their Teacher license cards can use it to teach outside Ghana.

This was disclosed in an interview granted by the IT officer at the Teaching Council, Mr. Derrick Nii Adjei Adjei. According to him, the teacher license card issued by the NTC in Ghana is also recognized by the African Federation of Teachers.

“You can teach outside Ghana with the NTC teachers license card. We have an affiliation with the African Federation of Teachers, so they know of our license and are willing to accept Ghanaian license,” the NTC official stated.

H added that teachers who intend to teach abroad would have to provide the PIN on their card to the foreign employer for confirmation.

See also  WEAC's BECE result website, hacked earlier goes down again

“So if you go to Canada and want to teach, you just give them your teacher license card and they will log in to the NTC portal with your pin number on the card and know everything about you,” Dr. Christian Addai Poku noted.

The Teacher license card is the only recognized proof that a teacher in Ghana is a professional teacher per the NTC and the act that regulates its activities.


According to NTC, all qualified teachers who were employed before September 1, 2018, are required to log on to the National Teaching Council (NTC) Teacher Portal Ghana (TPG) via and register.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *